Car Accident Advice

sunsetlakes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice for someone who may have hit another car, no witnesses, no police etc. The accident is longer than 10 days old and neither side has reported anything. However the driver of the car who got hit is now making abusive calls demanding their car be fixed at a cost of £1500 when in fact the damage would cost 400 at most.

They claim it is their right to have the car repaired wherever they choose.

Any advice out there?

Hi Sunsetlakes....there are a couple of forums on here where you may get some more help /advice, i'll move this to the garage services forum where you may get some more help/advice/comment. It may also be worth posting it in here too - Insurance/Assurance Companies - The Consumer Forums or possibly this one - Parking / Traffic Offences - The Consumer Forums

So no witnesses, then how does he know it was you and where did he get your number?

It is their right to have the repairs done where they want. Personally I would take it to the main dealer.

So no witnesses, then how does he know it was you and where did he get your number?

It is their right to have the repairs done where they want. Personally I would take it to the main dealer.

He got our number at the time of incident, but we are disputing their verbal claims at this time.

It probably will end up with Insurers. I just wondered what our legal position is,as there are no witnesses and no documentation was exchanged.

It is a legal requirement to give name and address only at the scene.

If they feel it is your fault they then can claim direct of you or your insurers ( watch it though because if you have not informed your insurers within a reasonable time from the incident they can deny the claim and it will be back on you to pay ). If you do not accept the claim they can take you to court to reclaim the money for any repairs.

I suggest you inform your insurers straight away, as information only at this stage, so you can negotite a settlement between the parties and not claim on your insurance. However if you do have to refer to your insurers they are at least aware of it.

It will say under the terms of your insurance that must notify them of any claims or potential claims. Failure to do so could result in them failing to indemnify you.

Hope this helps