ataxidriver v lowell/hbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i SAR'd lowell re a hbos account thinking it was for a bank account, turns out to be for credit card if i remember limit was £1500 but they say i owe approx £1750 so charges been added maybe? any way recieved some stuff from them mainly copies of letters sent was expecting a copy of full account statement, but all i got was a print out of what the total i owe, with no breakdown of charges etc, which is what i wanted, just whant to know if they should have sent a copy of statements.

Also should they have sent a copy of the agreement, or would i have to cca them to get that?

thanks ataxidriver

It depends on what you asked for in your SAR - most standard requests simply request details of the transactions on your account. It's worrth checking what you ask for as you can include things like the CCA document, copies of all letters, a printout of the transcripts of all telephone conversations and so on - but you have to specify that, or they'll just send the bare minimum.

Check back on the letter you sent and if they have not complied then you can write back and tell them so. But, if you didn't specify what you wanted them to send, they could give you anything...

Even if you ask, they do not have to give copies of all statements - a breakdown of transactions and charges is good enough, for them and you.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

hi thanks for the reply, i got the template off another site but it does state in the first paragraph that i wanted a complete list of transactions and charges for the last 6 years, but never recieved them, also it requests a copy of contract i have with them.

also in the cover letter i recieved it says it includes details recieved from HBOS but that only has a 1 line print out of what acc balance is.

thanks ataxidriver64

...i wanted a complete list of transactions and charges for the last 6 years, but never recieved them...

In which case, they have failed to comply with your request.

...also it requests a copy of contract i have with them.

Then I realised what you had done wrong - you always send the SAR to the original creditor, NOT the DCA.

A CCA request goes to the DCA, to get them to prove that they have any valid reason to be bothering you at all.

Try again, this time send the SAR to HBOS, and ensurte you ask them for details of ALL records they have of any account and any transaction and/or correspondence.

Lowell have just made an extra tenner from you that you need not have spent really - sorry, I hadn't spotted that first time round. I just saw HBOS and assumed, wrongly.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Great just checked my CRA file and the **** lowell have now stuck a flipping default on there, this account wasnt on there to start with, but since i sent the SAR i suppose its confirmed my adress, is there any thing i can do? would this account be in default since i havnt recieved

an agreement yet,

cheers ataxidriver64

Great just checked my CRA file and the **** lowell have now stuck a flipping default on there, this account wasnt on there to start with, but since i sent the SAR i suppose its confirmed my adress, is there any thing i can do? would this account be in default since i havnt recieved

an agreement yet,

cheers ataxidriver64

I actually feel better had another look and default is from may 2007, which is the same as the other defaults on my file.

ataxidriver

• 1 month later...

Hi all i sent a cca request to lowell re hbos credit card on the 29th of april, i have recieved 2 letters, the first on the 7th may saying they have requested a copy from hbos, 2nd dated 18th may saying they have requested hbos to retrieve from archives.

This 12 + 2 days is it working days only or does it incude weekends also if its working days did the 12 +2 expire yesterday? if so whats the next cause of action?