Vehicle finance covered by CCA.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would somebody please confirm the following ;

If purchasing vehicle finance, regardless of the amount borrowed or the term of the agreement, provided at least 50% of the total finance has been paid, the vehicle can be returned to the finance company with no further costs involved and with no detriment to one's credit rating?

Many thanks.

Notwithstanding the fact that I sometimes ramble and I'm such a worrier, all postings are made with the best intent and entirely without prejudice.

You are welcome to use any information you may find here entirely at your own risk. Please do not hold it against me! :p

This only applies to a hire purchase or conditional sale agreement, where the vehicle is legally the property of the finance company. If arrears exist, these are also payable before the agreement terminates. Any PPI policy will not be terminated and payments made for that would not count towards the 50%.

As voluntary termination is a legal entitlement, it should not have any detrimental effect on your credit rating.