reclaiming charges on secured loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have a question regarding a debt I have.

I took out the debt with a finance company back in 2003 and almost immediately had difficult paying the amount due - mostly due to sticking my head in the sand rather than facing up to things. I almost had other debts (not secured) that were also in arrears.

I am glad to say that the majority of my debts are now under control, some infact have been removed completely as the DCA couldnt provide the relevant CCA after buying a debt without under paperwork.

Anyway, the secured debt is for around £30,000 and secured on the property.

Can I still try and reclaim the charges ? (which are currently £10 for an automated letter and £20 for a 15 second phone call in the middle of the day when they know noone will be in).

The charges amount to around £200 over the 6 year history.

One final query, can it be right that the firm charges >£500 for solicitors fees when the solicitors seem to be a part of the company itself and do not appear to do any outside work other than for the finance company ?

All help gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris

Can I still try and reclaim the charges ?
Yes you certainly can.

can it be right that the firm charges >£500 for solicitors fees when the solicitors seem to be a part of the company itself and do not appear to do any outside work other than for the finance company ?
What were the solicitors fees in relation too?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.