baz2410 v nationwide + natwest

baz2410
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just starting a dpa letter,to nationwide.i am also concerned that i had the same problem with nat west i was with them for 10 years.i eventually went to the cab who were magnificent i owed nat west about 14,000 pounds they agreed a repayment of 150.00 per month.what bothers me if i try claiming all my charges for the last 10 years they may ask for all the 14.000 pounds i owe them,am i kicking over a wasps nest here by sending them a dpa letter.please advise.

many thanks

thanks for that cillitbanger,so i should start claiming from natwest aswell then.funnily enough my wife works for barclays she said there refund department is inundated and with the trevor macdonald programme the other night they cant cope.ill keep you posted thanks cillitbanger.

thanks cillit banger ,ill be sending everything off on friday to start the ball rolling .im must admit im nervous...dont know why but what the hell,got my teeth into this now.:)

hi cillitbanger

even though they closed the nat west account can i still reclaim all charges

Yes, for the last 6 years, even though it is closed.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

thanks for that dolly.i done all my dpa letter then thought hang on can i cant i.thanks for advice dolly.:)

No problems :) I like dealing with the closed accounts better actually as, although it felt good when I paid them off, it'll feel even better when they have to pay me!!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

• 3 weeks later...

i know ive not posted for a while...ive not even been able to afford the 20.00 Data Protection Act fee after feeding kids etc but im definately starting the ball rolling 7th of july. my wife has done me two letters ready to send off 1 to nationwide and 1 to nat west.good luck everybody with their pursuits and thanks to all the people on here who have helped me so far.i promise ill keep you all posted.

• 3 weeks later...

just recieved a confirmation letter about my Data Protection Act access my statements will be forwarded blah blah etc etc.however just recieved my july statement which says as of may 05th all statements ther is a 5 pound charge for each copy.surely this doesnt apply in my case does it i sent them a tenner acess fee.:confused:

Definately not, £10 covers all information and all statements for the last 6 years. Think there maybe a letter on the forum that you can send them telling them basically to get stuffed and they have XX days of the 40 left to provide them.

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

• 2 weeks later...

sent off Data Protection Act to nationwide and to nat west 01st of july, nationwide confirmed they had recieved it, so far nothing from NatWest at all and no statements from nationwide please could someone advise as to my next move.maybe i shouldnt have tried to take on two banks at once.many thanks to everyone so far especially cillitbanger and dolly.

Four threads merged

Please stick to one thread - it makes it much easier to follow your progress!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

sorry about all the threads,ok so ive not recieved anything from nat west and just a confirmation letter from nationwide Data Protection Act sent 1st july what date is the latest before i send out my next letter if i recieve nothing,i know they have 40 days but does that include postage etc.many thanks.

You will have to wait until around 12th August before sending the next letter to Nationwide as then the 40 days have included the 2 days for the letter being delivered.

Don't worry - you are fine now with the threads...just makes it easier to track your progress :)

think ive made a cock up,i sent my dpa letter with the postal order to chislehurst branch instead of sidcup forgetting i changed the branch,would that be why i havent heard anything or does everything get sent to natwest data protection team anyway....what a dimwit