Renault Espace 05 2.2dCi Initiale - "Check Injection" Fault - Renault's Incompetence

devilcouple69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Time for a progress report. See previous thread for history of problem

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/garage-services/164101-renault-espace-2-2dci.html

After recovering from the shock of the £7k + bill and Renault Customers Services (RCS) insulting initial offer of 20% contribution. I held my ground and complained with RCS. One of there representatives spoke to me after speaking to the Renault Dealer (William A Lewis - Telford).

They asked me a few questions about what happened, what the garage had told me and also why i chose to buy a Renault car.

About a week or so later they called me back and offered me 50% and said this was no negotiable and they wouldn't increase this offer under any circumstances.

Anyway after about 5 weeks from the engine packing up and having to Shell out over £3.5k, i finally got my car back.

When i collected the car, i asked what warranty i got with the repairs, they guy said the work was warrantied for 12 months but said the engine should last for a 200,000 miles or more.

Well that was just before Christmas. Come January i started to get a warning on the display "check injection" service light on and a loss off power (limp home mode).

I took this back to the same dealer. They fixed it said was a loose pipe.

But then a few days later it happened again, so took it back to Renault. They said they'd replace a part and it was running fine.

Then within a matter of hours, the problem occurred again. They had the car for nearly 2 weeks, then came back to me and said they couldn't find the cause of the fault. Tehy had tried everything they could think of and had been speaking to Renault and nothing they tried would fix the problem.

So they gave me the car back and said the next step would be to get a Renault Engineer out to look at the vehicle. This could take upto 2/3 weeks before they could come out and would cost me £150.

Why should it cost me £150 to pay for someone from Renault to look at my car for a fault that a approved Renault dealer can't fix. Are there two different Renault's. :evil::confused:

So i've had a complete new engine & turbo, supplied & fitted by Renault and now since they've put it in i have a car that cost me £20k to buy from William A Lewis Renault - Shrewsbury, Oct 06, and the cost of a new engine by William A Lewis Renault - Telford. I have a car that i can only drive 95% of the time in limp mode and i can't sell coz of the fault, so its completely worthless.

I've seem loads of threads on Parkers & Honest John, but there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem.

There's also an interesting article on the Times Online

Are car manufacturers responsible for your repairs?