T-mobile:Advanced line rental charge after upgrade

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just upgraded my contract, I have 2 numbers on the same account, one's mine & one's my wifes. My wifes number is on Flext 25, I've upgraded mine to Flext 35 from Flext 25.

I've just had the notification of my new bill & it's nearly £30 more than I was expecting!!

I called the customer service dept & they have told me it's advanced line rental.

The annoying thing is when I was in the shop sorting out the deal, I made a point of asking if there were any additional charges apart from the increase in tariff from Flext 25 to 35, to which I was told there wouldn't be! I also don't recall having to pay an advanced line rental when I've upgraded in the past.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

It all depends on when your billing date is.... and when you chose to upgrade. ALL contracts are based on paying the monthly tariff in advance, and the call outwith your inclusive bundle in arrears.

Since you are effectively starting a new commitment, the only thing that doesn't change is your billing date, so if you upgrade just before your bill is due, the forward charge is minimal.

However if you miss this, you are hit with a higher 'first' charge, but this if often countered with a matching credit on the next bill - so at the end of the day you're not disadvantaged - it's just a shock if you're not expecting it.