Amalgam fillings

worriedunemployedandindeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently I have been having the symptoms of chronic mercury poisoning and all my dental work was done on the NHS and I also have a nickel allergy which the dental nurse looked shocked about.

Can you, (if you are found to be suffering from amalgam poisoning) get the NHS to stop putting in amalgam fillings for health reasons? I just feel so rubbish and I want to sleep all the time.

Does anyone else have stories about amalgam poisoning? I was speaking about dyspraxia to a med student as well about how dyspraxics should be able to correct typing when it is repetitive, I still have a problem with typing.

Hmmmm, if this IS chronic mercury poisoning, I have a number of fillings and my hair is falling out and I get VERY COLD hands and feet, in fact, most of the symptoms

• 1 year later...

The NHS will provide amalgym free fillings for front teeth but not back - even although the guide on NHS Choices says that they do provide white fillings if it is the recommeded treatment by your dentist. From my experience, it will be very hard to persuade your PCT to pay for non amalgym fillings in back teeth and they will send round a dental team from the PCT to persuade the dentist to withdraw their recommendation for treament. My PCT insisted that I accept a crown (which they would pay for) rather than a white filling which they wouldn't.