Parking Eye Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As predicted, I'm now in posession of a collection agency letter.

ParkingEyeDCA.jpg

They declare ParkingEye is determined to protect it's "genuine customers" whatever that is. Are they inferring I'm not a genuine customer?

Just love the bit where they state, 'if you CAN PAY IN FULL we urge you to do so now BY RETURN'. How desperate does that sound?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Yep, desperation. Everybody who has the brains to go on the internet after getting a ticket then knows not to pay.

Aldi in Eccles now has a big banner outside saying "90 MINUTES FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS!" as if they're doing people a favour. No mention of what happens afterwards - they leave that to Parking Eye's claptrap signs.

• 1 month later...

I can't see it's due to my actions or of the other person that complained but I revisited the site yesterday and it's changed! It's now a Pay & Display offering a refund at the store (see terms). Cost me £1 for an hour and you have to enter your registration before you pay. I didn't even bother checking the terms and conditions, ie penalty clauses etc.

Either way, I'm counting it as a win and putting a feather in my cap over this one!

I can't see it's due to my actions or of the other person that complained but I revisited the site yesterday and it's changed! It's now a Pay & Display offering a refund at the store (see terms). Cost me £1 for an hour and you have to enter your registration before you pay. I didn't even bother checking the terms and conditions, ie penalty clauses etc.

Either way, I'm counting it as a win and putting a feather in my cap over this one!

If you have got a pay and display ticket,and get a refund in store, why is it necessary to enter your registration number. Unless of course it goes on to the PPC database to see if you have any of their invoices outstanding.

The usual reason for having your number on the ticket is to stop you handing it to another motorist when leaving; but since you will be handing it in to the store for a refund, why is it required.

You get a two-piece ticket, one to lay on the dash and the other is the refund voucher. (There's a few Pay and Display car parks around here that ask for your Reg but it's optional) This is the first compulsory one I've seen and I can imagine it's linked to their ANPR camera/database to save them using a warden to check you've kept their "terms".

Perhaps, if someone is careless enough to mis-enter their reg details that they may find a parking penalty come through their door as the database shows the car being there but no ticket bought for it?!!

• 1 year later...
I got a reply from CD today which hasn't inspired me with confidence really. Firstly they tell me what a private land owner can do re parking terms & conditions (i.e. levy a charge if overstayed).

It advises that if I feel they are demanding money with menaces (as I feared they will if/when this charge is chased/escalated) that it's a matter for the police and I should contact them.

It goes on to say; If Parking Eye are a member of BPA that they should have followed the guidelines. They suggest I could write a letter of complaint to Parking Eye if they have broken their guidelines as it will show I've been reasonable.:confused:

They've given me a case number and phone number if I require further assistance or advice.

So what's my next step as I understand it's not wise to make contact with Parking Eye - best to ignore them and all that?

Dear MrMT,

I understand you had a parking charge from Parking Eye in 2009 and I am hoping you can help me in how I can go about it.

I receive a parking Eye Charges notice 2 days ago (02/11/10) even though the letter is stating 29/10/10, the letter is stating that i have parked my car exceed the parking limited (13 minis), and now they want me to pay a fee, because of it has grace period of 4 days is over which means i have to pay the premier fee of £70.00, can you please tell me how did you deal with your situation and what was the outcome on your case? Many thanks!

Hi Dong,

In short, I complained to Trading Standards (see above posts) about the illegality of it and a short while later was pleased to see the car park was changed to a pay and display system.

I chose to ignore their (illegal) demands for money and after the second letter, have heard no more so can only assume their threats were bluffs and had no legal right to demand payment.

HTH

Dear MrMT,

I understand you had a parking charge from Parking Eye in 2009 and I am hoping you can help me in how I can go about it.

I receive a parking Eye Charges notice 2 days ago (02/11/10) even though the letter is stating 29/10/10, the letter is stating that i have parked my car exceed the parking limited (13 minis), and now they want me to pay a fee, because of it has grace period of 4 days is over which means i have to pay the premier fee of £70.00, can you please tell me how did you deal with your situation and what was the outcome on your case? Many thanks!

Its quite simple to deal with just ignore them they will send you a full set of demands, then when they see you will not be intimidated they go away.

Dear MrMT,

Sorry to butt in on this but my son has received 2 pcn from parking eye back in September, just ignore them all together and they go away, contact them and they pester you more uping the threats with each letter. we have only received the regulation 3 letters and its all gone quiet, my daughter on the other hand gets 1 a day ( like vitamins ) from a company called Debt recovery Plus Ltd, this has been going on for the past 3 years, It cost them £2.50 each time they get your details from DVLA. She has contacted them = zero, gone to court = zero , had a CCJ = zero and paid them = zero. These are all none enforcable and a [problem]. I now look on Parking eye web site to see where they operate from throughout the country and get free parking , To ignore is easy, they cant do a thing and wont.. Happy parking

Thank you for your reassurance, I am now received 3 letters from Parking eye and I ignore them.

You could get upto 6 letters, your next 2 from a debt collection agency and one from a solicitor but if you look at the address its the same place as parking eye, next desk along, also the solicitor is in the same place, last desk along then if you ignore them its the bin and they start on somebody else, guess the treats that will be in the next letter, it a good game and see if your right.....but remember they cant do a thing so ignore them carry on parking :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening everyone. I'm posting on this thread as a new user, hoping that you can help with another Parking Eye ticket.

Back in October, I had a problem with my car in a parking eye car park. It took some fiddling but I breathed some life back into the thing. It wasn't until today that I had some letters forwarded to me (I moved fairly recently) that I found 3 letters from PE. All are as above, the third was naturally very threatening. Having not done any reading, I immediately panicked and wrote a letter which I have subsequently e-mailed to them. My hope is that the circumstance will expunge me from further action; however the testimonies on here paint a damning picture of these guys.

Firstly, I am marginally concerned that having written to them and acknowledged, I've caused myself more issues. From the comments above, would it be worth contacting Aldi as PE's client to remove the charge or get them off my case? I'm happy to put the work in to get past this as I don't fancy paying the charge but with what I've done taken into consideration, I would appreciate some reassurance!

Thanks all!

Your case is no different to the many other Parking Eye stories featured here. From now on do not contact PE again, and ignore all their silly letters. As for that "damning picture" , I can't see how you have formed that opinion. PE are toothless and will soon lose interest in you and move on to someone else. If you want to write to someone, direct your letter to Aldi, telling them you will not darken their doorstep again until they get rid of Parking Eye.

I would not worry, I believe Aldi is a free car park and you were there to shop at Aldi. By contacting them they may send further requests for payment just treat them as that requests which you choose not to accept. Parking eye seem to be one of the least persistent companies, and after a while if the request is not met move on to someone who may pay.

Your case is no different to the many other Parking Eye stories featured here. From now on do not contact PE again, and ignore all their silly letters. As for that "damning picture" , I can't see how you have formed that opinion. PE are toothless and will soon lose interest in you and move on to someone else. If you want to write to someone, direct your letter to Aldi, telling them you will not darken their doorstep again until they get rid of Parking Eye.

I was refering to the damning picture of PE- the picture painted on here and, now that I've done some more reading on the subject, other sites, it seems ludicrous this company are even affiliated with a supermarket chain let alone opperating on their behalf.

Thanks again for the advice.

I was refering to the damning picture of PE- the picture painted on here and, now that I've done some more reading on the subject, other sites, it seems ludicrous this company are even affiliated with a supermarket chain let alone opperating on their behalf.

Thanks again for the advice.

Luckily we are beginning to see the signs of discontent within these companies, with reports of some PPC's being told to leave. I think some are beginning to realise they have shot themselves in the foot. Hopefully one of the big boys will see the light and the rest will follow.

I think the car park abuse they thought this would alleviate was far less trouble then the problems these PPC's cause them.

• 3 months later...

I received a Parking Charge Notice from ParkingEye in respect of parking in excess of the 2 hours allowed in the ALDI Bearwood car park on 20 February 2011. I do not deny that this was the case but the reasons for doing so were exceptional and beyond my control. I was driving a hired Ford Transit van.

We did return to the vehicle well within the allotted time but discovered that it had been vandalised. It was found that a fixed window on the driver’s side had been smashed. We needed to make a number of phone calls including one to the police. We also needed to put in place a temporary repair. The police advised us to ask ALDI to find out if any of their security cameras had captured the offence; but none had done so. A number of phone calls to the police were made but none turned up. West Bromwich police did phone us after we left the scene and provided us with a Crime Reference Number.

As it was not covered by insurance I had to pay for the replacement window and the extra charge being claimed would add insult to injury. I have appealed to them asking them to withdraw this demand and if not would in future boycott ALDI stores. I would be less aggrieved if the charges were used to install more security cameras to help the police capture those committing criminal offences. What sanctions are available to them to enforce payment?

The so-called "sanctions" would be that they would have to take you to the small-claims court and you lose. This is very, very unlikely to happen because Parking Eye don't do court. Good on you for telling Aldi you won't be blackening their doorstep again. Your case illustrates that the whole "appeals" process is a complete farce, as it's not independent and it's in the company's interest to turn down all such "appeals".

If you have not found out already your 'appeal' will be turned down and they will insist upon payment.

DO NOT get into any further communication with them, you will now be the recipient of ever increasing demands threatening all kinds or dire consequences, just ignore them and get on with your life.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.