strange call from worst crudit

mrsmoggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

worst crudit rang me this afternoon despite me sending a letter requesting all contact should be made by letter only. The person asked for me but I declined to identify myself and asked for their name. I didnt get their name but they waffled on anyway. They said they had info about the disputed account and needed me to confirm my identity which I declined again. I told them that what they needed to say could be put into a letter and sent to me and I had no need to speak to them. They said they had sent several letters to me (they have all been demands for payment!)and some sort of contact neede to be established! this account has been in default for ages now but curiousity isgetting the better of me. I hope you will all tell me that I have done the right thing by not entering into conversation with them. I just think that they wanted to suck me in but i wasnt interested!

Any advice is greatly appreciated fellow caggers!

x

You've answered your own question, but just to emphasise it Do not speak to a DCA on the 'phone.

They would have been planning to bull$hit you, threaten you anything to get you to make a payment. They would have broken all the rules and said things they would never dare commit to paper.

You have done the right thing.

NEVER talk to them on the phone. If you do, you haveno proof of what was or wasn't said (unless you have recording equipment).

Keep all communication in writing only and keep copies of everything that you send and receive.

Harrassment letter.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

You could also include detail from this letter....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/169626-formal-notice-telephone-recording.html

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Aww thanks everyone

I think I just needed some advice from my fellow caggers.

Just to let you all know they have 8 days to respond back to me when their MONTH ends for contacting their CLIENT...roll on.

Thanks to all for your advice and reassurance it means a lot

x

That's what we're all here for..... to help each other. ;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....