Iqor Legal and trade

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:)Hi first post so go easy on me:)

I have been paying these people for over a year, yes I owe some money but I am dealing with it the payments were set and everything was ok ,then a few months later they called and asked for more each month which at the time I agreed to an increase and all was well .This happend again, again I could increase by what they wanted which was ok.

Then at the end of last month I had another call and they said they wanted payment in full or an increase neither of which I could do so I agreed to send a financial statement to them which I did and it was signed for but funny how they say they never got it,

now they had the agreed payment on 30/01/09 and today just 12 day's later they have taken another payment I called them and they say that I agreed to it in the last phone call which I know I didn't as I only get disability money every 4 week's so I know I would never agree to extra.

They have said that a manager will listen to the recorded call (which I never knew they did) and get back to me now I know that when they phone me back they are going to say that I agreed to it anyway.

I did speak to my bank and they have said if they won't refund and I dispute it they may be able to help me,but what if they can't help.

I only want to pay the agreed amount until it get's to a sum that I can afford to pay in one go which hopefully won't be long.

I would be grateful for any advice

Thanks

Squidge 146

Hi and welcome to CAG.

First of all cancel the direct debit with the DCA, otherwise they'll just keep helping themselves to your money.

Also refuse to speak to them on the phone. By phone they can bully you, and get you to agree to all kinds of things, then deny it afterwards if you want to complain about them to Trading Standards. If they do call, just say, "I require all correspondence to be in writing only please." Then hang up. Refuse to answer their so called security questions, and they'll be unable to continue the call.

They can't keep increasing the amount either. As you're on disability you should only be paying them what you can realistically afford.

When you send them details of income and expenditure, make sure you put everything down. Even pet food, etc. It's not hard to get the outgoings almost the same as the income. ;) If you're sole income is benefits, then you shouldn't be paying them anymore than a token amount of £1 a month, as benefits are what the Government say is the minimum you need to live on.

Send them this letter.......

Your Address

Creditor Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re:− Account/Reference Number ACC NO.

I am sorry I am unable to pay the original monthly payments because . I informed you of this on DATE, and after seeking advice, I have discovered that I have disposable income of £XX. Since I have £XX total debt, your share of this pro-rata offer is £XX.

Please find enclosed the first payment, and I also request that you send me a paying in book / account information so I can make further payments monthly. Please note that I will not set up another direct debit with you, as you have already taken 2 payments of £XX in the space of 12 days.

Also, could you please consider using your discretion to freeze any interest or charges that might accumulate, which I am aware is the standard practice for socially responsible companies such as yourself.

I have also enclosed details of my income and expenditure.

Yours Faithfully

XXXX (type, don’t sign)

Also write to your bank raising a formal complaint, asking why they allowed two direct debits on your account in 12 days. Remind them this is against the direct debit guarantee, as you weren't given advance warning from Iqor in writing before the second payment was taken. Mention you'll complain to Trading Standards if they fail to refund the payment in full within 14 days.

I'm having dealings with Iqor at the moment and find them to be a bunch of arrogant idiots, who don't follow guidelines on debt collection.

It may also be worth sending them a CCA request if the debt is for a catalogue, credit card, store card, or loan. If they can't produce an enforceable agreement for the debt it will put you in a much stonger situation where you get to call the shots.

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thankyou for that I will get that sorted today

Well they have just phoned back and admitted that it was wrong and all their fault so the money is being sent back so I should have it back within 48 hours

now I'm going to call the bank and get them sorted

Thanks again

Squidge 146