Moped used in Bus Lane

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I don't think its fair to ge 4 offences at once. Its not quite the same but my boyfriend recently purchased a moped and at his test heard that from 5th Jan mopeds would be allowed in bus lanes. He should have looked into it in more detail, but I suppose if you hear this from your instructor you would believe it. He got a fine for being in a bus lane prior to 5th Jan and paid the fine thinking it was because of the date. He has since gotten two more fines for the first two weeks of January and we have looked up on the internet and read that you can only go into bus lanes on a few roads. I expect he will now get another two weeks worth of fines. I wonder if there is some limit to the fines you can get as now he knows he will never go in a bus lane again but will probably have to pay 500£ in fines by the time they all come through.

It's only the TfL bus lanes that have been opened up to motorcycles. There are many local authority controlled bus lanes in London that are still the same as before i.e for buses, cycles and taxi's only. You can get full details of what lanes can be used here:-

Motorcycles in bus lanes | Transport for London

Only TFL bus lanes allow motor bikes this is clear on the signs (they now have a motor bike picture on) local authority bus lanes do NOT allow motorcycles. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can get each time you go in a bus lane you can get a ticket the only exception is if you leave and rejoin the same lane which should be counted as a single contravention.

The immediate reason for the law is to stop vehicles using bus lanes. One fine is sufficient in almost every case to do that. The last three fines in this situation are simply for revenue. Unfortunately the fine (tax) is legal and I do not think you can do anything but accept it 'gracefully'

Cars and Vans can use Bus lanes in Sheffield.

I've been there twice, coincidentally on a motorcycle both times, and had vehicles using the Bus lanes to get past me!

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Only TFL bus lanes allow motor bikes this is clear on the signs (they now have a motor bike picture on) local authority bus lanes do NOT allow motorcycles.

That is incorrect information. City of Westminster allow motorcycles to use some bus lanes:-

Transport and streets:Bus lanes

And so do the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames:-

Parking and Traffic Appeals

There may be other boroughs allowing motorcycles into bus lanes too.