Totally Cracking Up!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been fighting with my Elec/Gas company now for 4 years, 4 years ago I brought the house, and totally renovated it, put in new wiring throughout the whole house, put in GCH with a top of the range baxi boiler, brought brand new A+ appliances etc etc, I had meters in for the first 2 years but I was putting in £55 a week between them (this was before the price hikes) oh and btw its it 3 bedroomed semi-detached house, not a mansion just incase anyone was wondering lol. Anyway after a 2 year battle I got my bill paid off, so I could get the meters taken out, this is probably the worse thing I've done!!

When I got the credit meters in they charged me £50 a month gas and £45 a month on elec, I told then this wasn't enough but until I'd had a bill they weren't prepared to listen, so sure enough 6 months later I got the bills, both saying you owe us elec £350 and gas £300, so were putting up your payments to elec £90 and gas £110, so struggled for 6 months to pay the the monthly Direct debit, only to receive bills saying I owed elec £350 and gas £250 and my payments were going up to elec £179 and gas £112, I went mental this is more than my mortgage a month, they agreed to charge £110 for my elec but my gas is saying the same, so I paid the Direct debits for 5 months and received my 6 month bills, are you ready for this???

Elec, on top of the £550 I've already paid every month, I owe £549 ????? the gas isn't to bad, I only owe £279 I've even got a FREE electric thing that tells my how much elec I'm using etc, if I went by this, I'd be paying about £47 a month, I know this is a bit long winded :roll: but can anyone please please give me any advice as to what to do now, as I think I've tried everthing, oh btw I've had both meters tested, I've done the written tests (I had to take a menter reading 2 a day and write down what I'd used etc for 10 days BORING!!)

I was even thinking of putting the house on the market cause I can't afford to stay here, but in the current climate thats a joke!!!

BOS 1st Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 2nd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 3rd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 4th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 5th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

might not be much help but go on bbc watchdog website. it shows people that have been ripped of with meters,,, read it it might help read it please

people have been really ripped of might be of interest to you because of the meter you have at this minute read it carefully

juliex