Credit Ancillary Services/Equidebt Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hooray, I am in the club - I got my Cabot, followed by SQN, followed by Equidebt (x2) and now my CAS letter.

Ignored all as the debt does not show up on my credit file. Interestingly I only last year moved in with my girlfriend and signed onto the electoral register. Hmmm?

I might just CCA them out of interest...worth a laugh I guess.

• 1 month later...

I asked CL Finance for CCA as they have charge on my property after sneakily causing a dd mandate to go astray.They have cc judgement against me.

The CCA arrived but its not original, and not within 12days plus 2 time span and also no signature just some a4 paper with details of consumer agreements etc.

Is it all to late for me now to get anything done to CL ??:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening everyone,

I have posted elsewhere on this - BUT exactly how did CL Finance (I know them well they are a bunch of complete liars) manage to get a charge on your property?

It is ceratinly not too late to take some decisive action against them - which will cost nothing (apart from your time).

Looking forward to hearing how they managed to break the law......

Best wishes to all

Dougal

Hello Dougal,I have replied to your other email requesting signatures.

But would be happy to explain all if you don't get my reply.kind regards.

PS. They were very underhanded when they did this.The judge wasn't listening either to what I was trying to explain,but its there now and am not sure if its too late now..??

Good morning,

Apologies for the delay. It is NEVER too late to take action!

You need a hearing to have the Judgement which imposed the Charging Order set aside, as the evidence was (a) flawed and (b) false and untrue.

You will need to find a good solicitor who will take this case on, most solicitors offer a 30 minute appointment FOC - they should if they are able to help,check to see if you are entitled to Legal Aid.

First thing to do : check the Legal Aid website yourself here is a link to the page: Community Legal Advice - free legal advice for residents of England and Wales, paid for by legal aid

Click on this and you will be there! There is a legal aid calculator there and a link to solicitors near you.

The calculator takes a few minutes to complete but will help I am sure.

Post again when you have done that and we'll look at the next step.

As always best wishes to everyone

Dougal

Edited by Dougal16T
Poor understanding of computerisation..!!

• 3 years later...

Bugger. Just when you think they've gone away.

Got a letter re. this debt to say Equidebt are in administration and Cabot have taken over having bought the debt. Given that the account is still in dispute with Mint, who couldn't provide copy of a signed CA (just an application form), should I do anything with these?

When you say 'acknowledge' do you mean admitting 'yes I owe the money', or just referring to the debt generally, because I haven't admitted the debt for many years, although I have sent letters to these and other DCAs, saying things like 'this debt is in dispute with the original creditor', and I have also sent CCA request. So there has been correspondence about the debt, even if I haven't explicitly admitted owing the money. Does that count as 'acknowledging' the debt?

I haven't paid anything since about 2006, and nothing to this DCA.

PS. I also must apologise as I hadn't checked this thread so never saw Dougal's question about the charge. I have 2 charges against our property, which we are hoping to get removed if we can get the creditors to accept a Full and Final Settlement. I have posted a thread about that on the forum but nobody seems to be answering. One is with Link, the other LloydsTSB.

Edited by Yog sothoth

AN acknowledgment of a debt MUST be unequivocal, all letters to DCAs should contain the following 'I do not acknowledge any debt to xxxxxxxxxxx. Or This letter is not an admission of any liability to xxxxxxxxx. Or similar.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

I have spent a bit of time combing and collating documents and the last time there was any formal acknowledgement of the debt was over 8 years ago. So I am intending to send this...

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by me. I do not admit or acknowledge liability for this debt.

I would further point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on a simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

No payments with regard to this alleged debt have been made within the past six years, nor have I acknowledged any liability for said debt within that period.

Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written acknowledgment of the alleged debt from me within the relevant period then, under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred" could amount to harassment contrary to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR)

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully