Smart car problems- please help! in distress :O(

orderoutofchaos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All

Please please help as i am sooo stressed about this possibly very expensive problem.

i have a smart roadster purchased from the dealer with only 3000 miles on the clock- under two years ago.

I have had numerous problems with Smart garage, but this one takes the biscuit. My care had a complete failure of all electricals so took to a garage that deals in smart cars. They have said that the space where the windscreen wipers are hasnt been sealed properly, and this has lead to water leaking into the SAM system ( electrical componant that controls all electrical stuff in the car) its likely to have completely erodded it, and the care is unlikely to be safe to drive. the cost? 320 plus labour for the sam system and about 120 to fix the seal not including any VAT

the garage tell me that this is a very common problem in smart roadsters and that they are like little sieves.

Can ANYONE be wonderful and give me some advice- i am going to challenge the dealer. the garage tell me that this problem has probably been going on for a long time and its just hit crisis

a very upset and stressed

orderoutofchaos xxx

HI All

Please please help as i am sooo stressed about this possibly very expensive problem.

i have a smart roadster purchased from the dealer with only 3000 miles on the clock- under two years ago.

I have had numerous problems with Smart dealer, but this one takes the biscuit. My care had a complete failure of all electricals so took to a garage that deals in smart cars. They have said that the space where the windscreen wipers are hasnt been sealed properly, and this has lead to water leaking into the SAM system ( electrical componant that controls all electrical stuff in the car) its likely to have completely erodded it, and the care is unlikely to be safe to drive. the cost? 320 plus labour for the sam system and about 120 to fix the seal not including any VAT

the garage tell me that this is a very common problem in smart roadsters and that they are like little sieves.

Can ANYONE be wonderful and give me some advice- i am going to challenge the dealer. the garage tell me that this problem has probably been going on for a long time and its just hit crisis

a very upset and stressed

orderoutofchaos xxx

Because of the time lapse, you will have to prove to the selling dealer that it has an inherent fault. If you can do that (the repair garage may or may not be able to help here, they will have to supply you with the proof for which they will probably charge), then you can take that proof to the seller and ask him to fix it.

Ive spoken to the dealer who said that apparently this is the reason they dont make roadsters anymore. i also questioned that when i asked the dealer asbout this problem he said there wasnt a problem. The manager then said that " it was probably because you had your cheque book out"- yes, im aware of that thanks!

He thinks that i can challege merc about this as he has had loads sent to them, but he estimates £2500 to refit all the carpets electricals and the SAM unit. he admits that this is such a comment problem, but i notice they never recalled any of them

It's a very common problem with the smart "Leakster" as they are known as, also this problem can be caused by the drain outlet pipe for the A/C being routed incorrectly or getting trapped. If you want more evidence for this sort of problem try Evilution - Smart Car Encyclopaedia or ://www.thesmartclub.com/board/index.php? I'm sure that the members there will be able to advise / help you with your problem

I worked at mercedes and smart dealer, the roadster suffered terribly with water leaks. There was a large recall which involved removing the complete interior and outer plastic bodywork. We then had to reseal almost every welded seam on the bodywork.