DIrect debits & grounds for recalling/refunding payments

Hungryforinfo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure on the details of your case but check out the BACS website. I have a similar issue at the moment and havign a nightmare finding any decent information, but if a payment is incorrect it is definitely the Bank who are responsible and you are entitled to a full refund from them (assuming this is what your problem is).

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Hi HungryForInfo....

Good question, just bad timing if you are planning on doing what I was.

I bank with RBS, so I don't know if the rules are the same with all banks, but I recalled a load of D/Ds going back to when the D/D was set up - over two years ago last autumn. The reason I gave was there were disputes on the invoice amounts. Refund passed NO PROBLEM and money was back in my account within a few days.

Great I thought.

So last week I went into my bank and tried to recall a load of D/Ds again in relation to a lease agreement I have for a CCTV and EPOS System. There is a huge dispute on the account because the goosd supplied are not working or doing what they should be.

I told my bank basically that. I left it with the lady to sort it out. BUT she rang me and told me that the rules for refunding D/Ds had changed in 2009! and NOW they can only process a refund IF there is a discrepancy with the dates or amounts being taken - or of course if a payment had been made when the D/D had been cancelled. The request also requires written evidence etc.

So it appears things have changed! unless of course they are telling porkies....I'd like to know for sure though, as i REECKON IT'S NOT RIGHT! as I have been conned. :evil: