I can't bear this..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new around here so hello, know how it feels when business is bad - just wish the media would shut up for a while OK so lets not hide it under neath the carpet but it just goes on and on. Oh yes and the VAT whoopee 25p saved in every £10.00 that will make everyone go out and spend!! How about reducing rates and employers NI !! Anyway enough of that thought you would love the following just to add a little light hearted humour!

A man owned a small farm in Aberdeenshire.

The Department of Work & Pensions thought he was not paying proper wages to his farm hands and sent an Inspector out to interview him.

I need a list of ALL of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the farmer, "There's my farm hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him £ 200 a week plus free room and board.

There is a lady who cleans and cooks she's been here for 18 months, and I pay her £ 150 per week plus free room and board.

"Then there's a half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work. He gets about £10 per week,in good weeks, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of Scotch every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the man I want to talk to then... but he must be a totalhalf-wit," says the Inspector

"That would be me then," replied the farmer.

Guess that speaks for alot of self employed people!!

Jalow

• Haha 1