Robinson way and company

mlore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i recently sent Robinson way and company a subject access request,as i am in dispute re a bill that is over two years old with British Gas whom I have had no correspondence from in that time,as soon as i received the letter from them i sent a letter re subject access and that the account was in dispute,their response has been to send a letter back telling me that someone will be coming to my house to collect the so called debt,are they allowed to do this?and what should I do now?I know they received the letter as i sent it special delivery and have checked with the post office who have confirmed that it was deliveried,

Hi mlore- no they have about as much right as the local tramp to come to your house to collect the debt. Send them this.

Dear Sir/ Madam

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I note from your letter that you intend to arrange a "doorstep call". Please be advised that under OFT rules you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I DO NOT WISH to make an appointment with you. There is only a license under common law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission: the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under common law for you or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and civil action will be taken.

Yours Faithfully

Don't sign, just print your name

Good luck

• Haha 2

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Wow thank you so much,i know i shouldn`t be afraid of them,but I am a little and also angry,I will send that off today,thanks again this site and the advice is so helpful

Did BG send a notice of assignment at all, or equivalent saying that they'd passed this onto robbersway?

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Hi there no I have not heard anything from British Gas since i closed my account and switched to another supply back in 2006,nothing since then,the first I heard was this time last year,when Westcot sent to my address a demand for payment for the same amount as this on 81.00 but it didn`t have my name on it,so back then, i called Westcot asking what the amount was for,they then put the account on hold,for two weeks and wrote back this time with my name on the letter saying the matter and the account had been closed,that is all i have heard or known since the letter at the beginning of the year from Robinson Way,nothing from BG at all.First I spoke to Robinson,who dropped the amount 40.00 if i paid here and now.I put the phone down and then found this website,and sent off the subject access request they replied with the letter of we come and collect and now i`m about to send off the other letter above.

I`ll have to see if i can find it,it was back in 2007,i have told Robinson Way all of this and was told that they have to deal with the so called debt NOW,but when I asked where they got this so called debt from and why i hadn`t heard anything before they said it must of come out of the archives,whatever that means????

basically wescott sold it to robbersway and now they're trying their luck, nothing more. as PG says, tell them to go forth and multiply :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Thanks Pg i`m just trying to look through the guidance for DCA,and the billing code about not being able to bill for over 2 years ago and 1 year ago,i`m trying to figure out if that means the DCA or the energy company?because i certainly have not had a bill from BG for well over 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the advice, Robinson way sent me a letter today saying they have agreed to close the account on they files and that i will receive no more correspondence from them.I had subject accessed them,and looking through the data it appears that the debt was originally written off,they call it a recycled utility,but then put on to a new debt status,(even though the billing code does not allow customers to be billed over a year ago,(debt is for 2006),asked for statement,bill and agreement,none was forthcoming,all i received was the data from robinson ways computer no true copies nothing!!.

Good news yes,but can they still sell this so called debt on to another DCA,and how can I stop this happening??:-|

On the same day that i received this letter from their Bought Debt Department by recorded delivery,I also recieved another letter from Robinson Way on their own headed paper saying that having not being able to contact me reguarding the above amount they were now passing it to Robinson Way??? the letter is dated the same as the recorded one,but in a different envelope,??:confused:

What is going on??

Thanks,will do,I never received a notice of assignment from BG, should I ask BG for the original and when it was sent and say that i dispute the Debt with BG it self, will that stop action from ANY DCA?

Further evidence that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is up to:rolleyes: If they do sell it onto someone else, there is a bemused letter you can send to see them off. Just ignore that 2nd one:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<