style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recentley went into sequestration. I had a bank account with barclays which they promptly closed and snaffled up the pitance of a balance.

Now, I dont have a bank account. Now the wages get paid into the wifes bank (bad idea) I tried to open an account with the local bank (airdrie savings bank) and was knocked back.

I just want an account that will take my wages and pay a few direct debits. Surely there must be one I can use without credit facilitys???

I recentley went into sequestration. I had a bank account with barclays which they promptly closed and snaffled up the pitance of a balance.

Now, I dont have a bank account. Now the wages get paid into the wifes bank (bad idea) I tried to open an account with the local bank (airdrie savings bank) and was knocked back.

I just want an account that will take my wages and pay a few direct debits. Surely there must be one I can use without credit facilitys???

anyone??

The Post Office Card Account is for the payment of benefits.

A Building Society instant access account should be OK. Mine will accept transfers in. For withdrawals (and cash/cheque deposits) I have to go to the branch.

Doesn't do direct debits I'm afraid.

You might be able to open a Building Society internet account which should give you the facilities you need, although it may only allow single transfers, rather than standing orders and direct debits.

It sounds as though you're in Scotland which is a bit of a foreign land to me. I'm assuming things there are much the same as in England.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 3 years later...

Hi,

This maybe a little too late. I know that Santander allow you a basic bank account ifyou are bankrupt/sequestrated.

The thought of my wages going into my partners account makes me feel slightlyqueasy :!:lol

I hope it is working out for you