• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Starting afresh

julian1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Several months ago I was approached by a company that offered to audit possible claims for me. One of the possible claims they stated was against mortgage lenders both current and old

Now, I didnt progress anything with the claim company but I did get back info from a previous mortgage lender as a result of a Subject Access Request's request

My question is this, What should I be looking for to tell if I have any type of claim against the lender (what would the claim company have looked for during their audit)

I dont seem to be able to find any info on commission paid to the broker so maybe the Subject Access Request's request is incomplete

Any help will be good please

Thanks

Some of the things this company are likely to be looking at are in this thread link here - secret commissions, broker fees, PPI etc..

Would you PM me and tell me who the company are please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within-new-post.html

• Haha 1

I can't see starting again as being any sort of problem at all. If you want an easy way to keep track of multiple companies, start a new thread for each account in the relevant forum and keep a note of your 'important' dates in that.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hello

I am wanting to upload copies of agreements and I see people talking about scanning but I want to know If I can just take a digi pic of the agreements and upload (probably with photobucket) is the quality as good?

If scanning is better for people to read T&C's then I'll pop off and buy one

Thanks

Hi, julian.

A digi pic should be OK, give it a bash :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello

I have read lots on the forum so far and have had great help so far

Can I just clarify though

If I send for a CCA (Not returned) then Sar's and still no CCA this would seem to be unenforecable.

Does this mean I can stop all future payments to the lender, and if so, is this because the debt is in dispute and until they can provide a copy of CCA?

Hello all

I have had help in this forum a few times

I have decided (as I am losing track of files :-( ) To start my CCA's etc from scratch. I have been posting in another part of the forum and I wonder now If I should have been posting directly into this part of the forum for each lender.. Seems sense to me, but no one has moved my threads :-)

Just want to get it right from the off

Thanks

Thanks cerberusalert

That raises a few new questions, Point me to threads if you can :-)

1) If the CCA is not provided and so I want to stop paying, Do I inform them of this fact?

2) What happens if in the future they do provide a CCA, Do I then have to repay all missed payments, Plus interest?

3) Is the disputed account placed on hold while CCA's are provided (payments and interest frozen)?

4) If the account is placed in dispute, what are the next steps, do I apply to lender to write off debt

5) Does my credit file show an account in dispute?

Thanks again

1) If the CCA is not provided and so I want to stop paying, Do I inform them of this fact?
No, you don't have to unless they contact you again. If they do just send the 'In Dispute' letter.

2) What happens if in the future they do provide a CCA, Do I then have to repay all missed payments, Plus interest?

No, you don't. If they don't produce it within 6 years of your last payment, it then becomes 'Statute Barred'. (5yrs in Scotland)

[/3) Is the disputed account placed on hold while CCA's are provided (payments and interest frozen)?QUOTE]

Everything is put on hold yes.

4) If the account is placed in dispute, what are the next steps, do I apply to lender to write off debt
The debt still exists, it's just unenforcable.

5) Does my credit file show an account in dispute?
No, any defaults will remain until they either drop off or the CCA can be proven to be unenforcable. Even then it's a fight to get them removed.

Thanks again

Just to come back to the credit file matter. If the CCA is not produced and payments are stopped - How is this recorded on my credit file do I just rack up defaults from then on, or no further entries made while matter resolved

They cannot continue to process your data. Besides, they can only register one default.

Be wary of claims companies - remember why they are soliciting you for their services.... for you to pay them a fee!

The real question is, what are you unhappy about with your current or previous mortgage? If you feel something was done inappropriately, take the matter up with the company directly.

From my experience, claims management companies are often sales companies who have limited knowledge of regulatory rules and processes. If you have a genuine grievance, there are plenty of people on CAG who can tell you what's not right and how to fix it.

Hi UMF

I have seen your site and i may ask you to audit my loan. (See Welcome finance problems thread in this section). I just wondered whether you would take on a loan that had already had the SAR sent out and after having nothing received has just gone into default. How would you then proceed after this stage? Would you still advise me if it went to court? Also why do you only accept credit card accounts that are over £5000? I would have thought most were around the £2500 to £5000 area.

Regards

Felix

Some of the things this company are likely to be looking at are in this thread link here - secret commissions, broker fees, PPI etc..

Would you PM me and tell me who the company are please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within-new-post.html

Thanks Elizabeth

I have been through my Sar's information supplied to me by my old lender (Mortgages PLC)

I note in my offer of advance (in small print) it is stated that an introductory fee based on a % of gross loan will be paid to my financial adviser)

I was never told this and I have no info in the Sar's of what this fee was

Is there any recourse for me with this either as secret commision or broker fee's

Thanks

Thanks Elizabeth

I have been through my Subject Access Request's information supplied to me by my old lender (Mortgages PLC)

I note in my offer of advance (in small print) it is stated that an introductory fee based on a % of gross loan will be paid to my financial adviser)

I was never told this and I have no info in the Subject Access Request's of what this fee was

Is there any recourse for me with this either as secret commision or broker fee's

Thanks

When a mortgage broker gives advice on a regulated mortgage contract, there are documents that must be provided to you to ensure everything is transparent and that you know the key terms and conditions of the product you are applying for before you sign on the dotted line.

A document called the Key Features Illustration (KFI) is issued by the broker at point of sale and should detail all aspects of the contract in accordance with the regulations. When the application has been received and underwritten by the lender, you then get a formal mortgage offer in the same format with the same information.

The KFI and the mortgage offer should detail any parties that benefit from any commissions or fees. Usually that's your broker and maybe a mortgage packager (an admin company that does the paperwork for your broker).

If your mortgage offer details that a fee or commission will be payable to your broker as a percentage of the gross loan amount, then that would imply that is was disclosed to you before you entered into the agreement.

What aspect of the product or service from your previous lender are you unhappy with and looking to complain about?