• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NatWest PPI Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Really need some help...

I sent letters out to NatWest in November to reclaim missold PPI, I have heard nothing, so in the meantime, I also sent a subject access request at the beginning of December only to receive today a single A4 sheet with 5 credits on it, absolutely no detail, I sent a very detailed letter requesting all the information they held on me for the past six years!!

The other thing that puzzles me about all this is Subject Access Request letter was sent almost 2 weeks after the original PPI claim and I have not heard anything, not even to confirm receipt of the letter???

Can anyone tell me what my next step should be??? I cannot believe I have only one A4 sheet with less than 10 lines on it??

Then to top it off... They've not even returned my £10 I sent!!!

Would really appreciate some advice on how best to proceed please?

Thanks in advance!!

Bizzi:roll:

Firstly you have to allow 40 days for the natwest to comply with your S.A.R this is statutory.

As for your letter regarding Mis-sold PPI you should of heard something by now as they have for that one 14 days plus allow another 2 days for postage.

Here is a Non compliance Letter for your S.A.R send that of adding the number of days they have left to comply. Edit to suit your needs.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.(Add details of missing period - or a transaction that you know about which is not included)

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a further (Insert number of days remaining) days to comply.

Yours faithfully,

Regards

Pompeyfaith

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Pompeyfaith,

Wow! This is my first ever post and with such quick response... Thank you!

Can I just ask you, how many days do I need to give them to supply more information with regards to the above letter?

Thanks again!

Kind Regards

Bizzi:)

HIYA ok say you sent the SAR off 10 days ago they have another 30 calender days to comply with your request the fact that they have replied to that Sar makes no differance just take the date you sent the first letter count 40 calender days add another 2 days for postage take off the days since you sent the first letter.

The days you have left is what you put on the letter.

Does this make sense ?

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya,

Yes this does makes sense, it is the remainder of the 40days + 2 postage days for postage?

You mentioned previously above that I should heave heard back in regards to my ppi claim, my template that I used gave them 8 weeks in which to provide a response. I sent 4 letters out to different companies and only HFC came back to acknowledge receipt and they said they would come back to me within 5 days... Needless to say I have heard nothing....

Do you think I should wait till the end of the 8 weeks or should I start chasing?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Bizzi

They have had more than enough time with my claim at the UnCo-operative bank i must admit they always replied within 2 weeks although that is another story now as its being investigated by the FOS.

So in a nutshell yes send another letter and chase them up.

Keep on top of them shows you mean business.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

You may find this PPI Wiki page useful and add more clout to you claim

PPI - Consumer Wiki

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Thanks again Pompeyfaith...

They are going to get so much hassle from me now.:p

Thank you for the link I will peruse this now before I go to bed.

I will keep you posted.

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Bizzi

You are more than welcome its our fight against the banks

Thanks for clicking my scales very much appreciated

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Ok no problem ive subbed this thread anyway so any reply's go straight to my email inbox.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Fantastic post the response you get on here and we will take it from there

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Hello Bizzib,

Can anyone tell me what my next step should be??? I cannot believe I have only one A4 sheet with less than 10 lines on it??

Then to top it off... They've not even returned my £10 I sent!!!

Full complaint to the Information Commissioners Officer and this is the link......

For the Information Commissioners office. (this is an option if the DSAR is not complied with)

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...ess_rights.pdf

Information Commissioner's Office - Information Commissioners Office

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...lain_final.pdf

Complaints - Information Commissioners Office

Would really appreciate some advice on how best to proceed please?

sent 4 letters out to different companies and only HFC came back to acknowledge receipt and they said they would come back to me within 5 days... Needless to say I have heard nothing....

Do you think I should wait till the end of the 8 weeks or should I start chasing?

HFC have already been fined by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for mis-selling PPI so keep at them and check up on the dates your PPI was taken out with them. If it was within the period they have been fined for mis-selling you could be on an easy path to reclaim your ppi.

Search the threads and do more research before committing then compile you case and go for it see other threads for information and always ask for advice. You will always get support and advice but not always in nanoseconds it could take a little longer;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm back to update on the latest installment of me vs NatWest...

I received a package on the 15th January from Natwest Credit Card containing copy statements, a copy of the Terms & conditions and 2 letters; the first was the cover letter explaining the enclosed and also informing me the second letter is a copy of my contract, they also went on to state that they are ' unable to locate my original documents' (Words to that effect- I don't have the cover letter to hand)

The duplicate they have sent to me is obviously been doctored as I have a line above my name, which the original would not have had, there is no date on it and they have attached a copy of 'credit card agreement', also the first paragraph makes interesting reading:-

Dear 'Bizzi'

I am pleased to enclose your replacement card. Your card is not valid until the date shown, so please keep it in a safe place until then. Before you start using this card, here's a quick reminder of what you need to do...

Now?... Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is supposed to be a copy of my original contract as requested when I sent my Subject Access Request to them??

There is no date on the letter as the letter clearly states it should have but the information is for a replacement card?? I never had to replace my card as far as I can remember? Is it me or are Natwest trying to pull a fast one??

The other thing I notice is my balance is exactly this same in December 07 & December 08 both around £349??.. this may have something to do with my IVA, I don't know but I can't believe nothing has happened in a year where's all the money I have been paying gone??

Could use some advise on how to proceed with Natwest now.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Bizzi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bizzib,

Is the debt just a credit card or is there a loan with it ?

Now if they cant provide the orginal terms and conditions then the debt cannot be enforced in a court of law.

So your with a iva company at the moment and paying them who passes the payment on to the crapwest.

The crapwest have a habit of not finding anybodys paperwork(including mine)

Was a ppi on the credit card ?

You could have the account in dispute until they find the documents but that will effect your iva.

More experiance caggers will give you solid advice but i am taking one step at a time learning our rights on the great site.

My date v the crapwest is in March for a loan and a overdraft but i am interested with anybody in simular posistion. I have a credit card with them as well so i will keep reading your thread with interest.

Womble

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Sorry for long delay in update.

I have recieved an offer from Crapwest of just under £4k as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

They have advised the payment would need to be made into the account that is closed, meaning I will not see a penny of this, has anyone else been in the same situation and is there a way I can get this money paid to me, I have followed all the suggestions given to me and looked at the other threads on here to get ideas, but I really need to get this paid to me, I have got bills spiralling out of control and it end up affecting my already existing commitments. I've recieved a summons for council tax to the tune of just under £2k for this year, I am literally left with nothing once my bills are paid, could really do with this money to clear this build up. Really could do with some friendly advice.

Thanks in advance.

Bizzi

Hi All,

Sorry for long delay in update.

I have recieved an offer from Crapwest of just under £4k as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

They have advised the payment would need to be made into the account that is closed, meaning I will not see a penny of this, has anyone else been in the same situation and is there a way I can get this money paid to me, I have followed all the suggestions given to me and looked at the other threads on here to get ideas, but I really need to get this paid to me, I have got bills spiralling out of control and it end up affecting my already existing commitments. I've recieved a summons for council tax to the tune of just under £2k for this year, I am literally left with nothing once my bills are paid, could really do with this money to clear this build up. Really could do with some friendly advice.

Thanks in advance.

Bizzi

Anyone help on this please???:?

Hello?.... Is there anyone that can help with this please??

I don't know what advice you have had but have you tried returning the acceptance form with a note on it saying that you will only accept the payment by cheque as the PPI is separate from the card agreement therefore you are entitled to being refunded in the way you request. It is normally difficult to get credit card PPI refunded by cheque or to another bank account.

Alternatively have you rung the FOS for advice, they are generally quite helpful?

You need some advice from Alanalana or Pompeyfaith, my knowledge is pretty limited.

Good luck, hope you get everything sorted out quickly.

I don't know what advice you have had but have you tried returning the acceptance form with a note on it saying that you will only accept the payment by cheque as the PPI is separate from the card agreement therefore you are entitled to being refunded in the way you request. It is normally difficult to get credit card PPI refunded by cheque or to another bank account.

Alternatively have you rung the FOS for advice, they are generally quite helpful?

You need some advice from Alanalana or Pompeyfaith, my knowledge is pretty limited.

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I will draft my own copy of their acceptance letter and re-word it saying exactly what you have told me.

Thank you again!

Bizzi

Edited by bizzib

Can I also ask, you mention the PPI is separate from the card agreement would this also be the same for a loan instead of a credit card?

I would say even more so in the case of a loan as it is a single up-front premium.

Just say you want the refund in the form of a cheque. The only proble with Natwest/RBS is they are inclined to offset debt. If you have a balance in your closed account they would want to offset your refund against this.

I would be really firm about it but do also speak to the Ombudsman and see what they say, ask them if there is a technical note that you could print off to send with your letter as more ammunition. I really wish there was more I could do to help you but I can only speak from my experiences and my friends and family that I have helped reclaim PPI.

Good luck.

Yes indeed it would the PPI is there to protect you payments it does not form part of the loan and is paid to the insurers.

It could be said that if this was not mis-sold to you the money would have been in your pocket and not theirs so as you have a duty to put me in the position i would have been in prier to taking out the loan this money must be returned to me and not used to offset any money owing.

You could also add that you signed to the agreement to return any money owed via instalments and as i have not signed anything else contrary to that agreement it still stands.

Regards

PF