Possible identity theft but they settled the account and paid it well!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of a strange one.

On one of my linked addresses it has that a credit agreement was taken out in my name that I don't recognise at all. It has my exact name, but the date of birth is slightly out. Only by a few days bt still out. The account was started around four months AFTER I left the property. It was for some kind of credit card. However, the account is showing as being handled very well, all payments up to date and the account was finally settled in 2007. Strangely it says the credit limit on the account is still £1.00. Now, they have handled themselves very well, whoever they are, but this account that has the wrong DOB and wasn't taken out by me, will now remain on my account for six years from the settled date, so 2013. D I keep it and have a well managed account I've never known about, or do I try and dig about a bit and see who it is that has a credit card in my name with a dodgy DOB?

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Hmmm I think I would be tempted to look into this further. After all whoever it is might be lying dormant and keeping the account open planning to use it at some future date.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Any ideas on where to start? I'm guessing that perhaps a question for the CRA holding the information asking if they are able to say who the creditor was? I don't know who the credit was taken out with, it just says 'credit card' and that is all. :-(

On the plus side, there is NO way they will be getting any credit, with 2 CCJs and a shed load of defaults, I can't even get a mobile contract!

Taking on -

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

I would contact the CRA as a matter of urgency and find out who the card is with so you can get it cancelled asap.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Thats the thing - it is showing as settled as of 2007 and closed account. :-s strangeness afoot.

Taking on -

Hi

A little like my situation, if you see this thread you'll notice I uploaded my credit file - it is all wrong (ID theft using my details) which will show you the pitfalls of sharing with a 'baddie'..... because some accounts have been cleared/settled the cra's now think i'm linked - or indeed the defaulter even though they probably know i'm not!

Best get it checked out and put under dispute! Link is here, look for wrod doc that contains credit file for an idea of the trouble these guys can cause - emphasis on the word 'can':

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/172948-help-credit-ref-agencies.html

SilverLining.....

There is always light at the end of the tunnel - we just have to beat the CRA's in order to see it...

Edited by SilverLining
typo

SilverLining.....

There is always light at the end of the tunnel - we just have to beat the CRA's in order to see it...

It just says 'credit card' and a credit limit of £1.00. That is all it says. Other than my name and DOB which is wrong.Correct address, but four months after I left there.

Taking on -