EGG Credit Card/Lowells

chopkins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding debt with Egg credit card of £1082.00, this was previously managed by a DMP through CCCS, I havent paid anything to Egg since Dec 2005 and havent had any contact with Egg since May 2006, I've now received several 'nasty' letters from lowells and made the stupid mistake of callin them back today and agreeing to a £50 per month repayment plan, (this was after the snooty cow on the phone basically told me that the rent i pay monthly was very high, I did ask her what that had to do with her), anyway im almost certain that at no time did I sign a credit agreement with Egg.

So Im just wondering what my plan of action should be, I know I need to request a copy of the credit agreement etc, but what should i do about the Direct debit I've stupidly set up, should i cancel it.

Ive also had a message left from 'RED' are these the same company??

Many Thanks

K

Edited by chopkins

Hi Chopkins,

Yes Lowells/Red/Hamptons Legal are all the same company (I included hamptons in case you get a letter from them)

I personally think it was a mistake to set up a direct debit as they could go into your account and take more than they should. I think I've read somewhere on the forum that they have done so before.

Yes, send off for your agreement, the letter you need can be found here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N

Send with a £1 postal order(no cheques), DO NOT hand sign the letter, just print your name and send it recorded delivery.

DO NOT speak to these muppets-EVER_ everything in writing

I would suggest you cancel your direct debit in writing specifying that should Lowlifes try to ressurrect the DD that it be refused(they will try it)

That should keep you busy:D

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

CANCEL THE DD NOW.

NEVER EVER SPEAK TO LOWELLS ON THE PHONE

Send this to Lowells

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

Dear Cretins

Re: Account no: xxxxxxxx

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

If you do not understand this letter, you should seek professional advice

yours etc

Red Debt, Lowells and Hampton Legal are all the same shower. They churn out the same rubbish on different notepaper

CANCEL THE DD NOW.

NEVER EVER SPEAK TO LOWELLS ON THE PHONE

Although ODC's excellent letter is the business, I'd personally edit out the cretins bit and add dear sir/madam:D

• Haha 1

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Perhaps I should have used Scarlet Pimpernels immortal ''Dear Curs''

Or even "Dear Pond Life"

Edit that. I am being unkind to pond life. There is no such thing as intelligent life at a DCA:)

Edited by silverfox1961
cruelty to pond life

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update.

I've had the following reply from Lowells

'Following your recent request to be provided with a copy of the original credit agreement in respect of the comsumer credit act I can confirm that our client (egg) has yet to furnish us with your agreement.

I can confirm the Egg are in the process to retrieving the required paper work and once this has been forwarded a copy will be sent to you.

There will be no further correspondence from us until the agreement has been received at which point we will require payment in full.

You still have the option to £431.20 (I owe £1082.00) as a full and final settlement to bring this matter to a close.'

Is this the usual thing they send out, Im nearly 100% positive that I never signed an agreement, and im sure that lowells now know this and are just trying extract £431.20 out of me.

They are in default now as I sent the request letter on the 12th Dec, should i just ignore them.

Many thanks

Karen

They usually send out two of these letters before throwing in the towel. HOWEVER Egg generally are quite good at producing the paperwork when required so do not be too surprised if Clownells do eventually come up with it.

That said, if they were so sure that all was in order why offer you a 60% discount.

• 1 month later...

I received a letter from Lowells last week stating that Egg could not find a copy of the credit agreement (i knew i never signed one) and that would be the last i heard from them, it if Egg did manage to find they would be in contact and would i like to settle for the reduced amount as before, yeah as if!!

karenxx

Yep, got letter from Lowells ref Egg also. CCA of in a day or so. They have sent me a letter ref another card company to me, CCA'd them on that and waiting.

I am not good at keeping records, as do not have a permanent address. Lucky to be able to borrow friends laptop to be able to visit this excellent site.

I received a letter from Lowells last week stating that Egg could not find a copy of the credit agreement (i knew i never signed one) and that would be the last i heard from them, it if Egg did manage to find they would be in contact and would i like to settle for the reduced amount as before, yeah as if!!

karenxx

You can chalk that up as a win then :D