Lloyds Tsb - Can't believe the advise I got

laineynic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Monday Lloyds Tsb will apply £165.00 worth of charges to my account. I don't have the money to pay them and I am worried sick. I have just come out of hospitalafter having laser treatment to my left eye. I have been in and out of hospital for the last 8 weeks,I have only 80% vision in my left eye. Whilst worrying about hopitl and dealing with all of this I forgot to keep my account in order. Hence these charges.

On Friday I thought I would ring the bank to ask them for help. I told the customer services advisor that if they take the £165 from my account on Monday then my mortgage w't be paid she said why not contact yourmortgage company and ask them to take the money on a different day. I couldn't believe that she was suggesting that I pay the mortgae late so that I could pay TSB. When I challenged her she said that if I had ensured the money was in the account then I would't have these charges. Yes true but why are hey still able to take all of the money at once. I told her I would not risk paying my mortgae late for anyone and could not believe she had suggested that. I told her I would pick up a late fe and that was something I did not want.

She then told me to cancel all the direct debits which are gas lectric, council tax etc. I again told her that these were more important than TSB chargs. So on Monday I will be lft with a gaping holes of £165. If I don't pay these chagrs then I will be overdrawn - unauthrised because they won't help so I will get more charges.

I don;t know what to do, where to turn next.

Hi laineynic.

They're all heart, aren't they?

Is there enough money in your account now to pay the mortgage? If so, why not draw it in cash before the charges are applied (that means tonight!). If you go into an overdraft situation sooner rather than later, well at least you will have paid your mortgage.

Then, if possible, open another account as soon as you can, cancel all your DDs (after all that's what LTSB suggested you should do;)) and transfer them to the new account.

The hard bit will be avoiding getting into the same situation with your new account!

Then you will have to think about how best to deal with the LTSB account. Once they become aware that you have jumped ship, they will probably default you (without bothering to send you a default warning letter) and transfer your account to Collections or a DCA.

Els

• 5 years later...

My husband has banked with TSB for 33 years.

In 2007 we went on holiday for 3 weeks - his boss paid his wages late into his account.

As there were Direct debits due and the mortgage - all failed at £30 per failed Direct debit

there were 12 in total amounting to £360 then over overdraft charges, unauthorised overdraft charges.

by the time Tsb had finished we had a debt of £680.

Which continued to rise as we didn't have the money to clear it.

Despite us complaining we got nowhere and they wouldn't refund them.

In all this time we have onlyhad £160 refunded.

With other problems we ended up in a financial mess and have really struggled but we have made payments to clear it.

No matter how much we have paid we still get charges on top of what we have owing.

It started of as a debt of £680 and after paying £616 of we still owe £895.

I have sent all the letters to them asking for the refund of charges back for being unfair and they have refused to listen.

I sent a letter to the CEO and he advised them to refund £140 of charges.

Which they did but all the charges are for unauthorized overdraft and over overdraft.

I threatened FOS and they said go on them and we have.

on the 1st December we had a letter from Wescot as we had been paying the overdraft at £30 we couldn't understand why.

We contacted the customer relations department who have refused to talk to us and given a final response.

They have closed my husband account so we can't pay money into it.

We won't deal with wescot so I don't know what we do now.

It all seems so unfair.

We never missed a payment in the last 6 months so don't really understand why they have done this.

They won't talk to us now and we won't talk to wescot.

I told them if they take further action

how would it look that we had made offers of payment and they have refused by sending it to Wescot.

We also said they were lucky to get £30 as we had been told to pay even less.

I was lucky in getting my charges back mine went through just before the case of 2009.

I feel so sad for my husband as he never asked for this.

I just don't knoiw about the FOS as we have been there before with other things and got nowhere any ideas please??

the

fos will not side on bank charges...waste of time.

get you income paid elsewhere and let them sell the debt

if you've had charges since nov 2009

start a bcobs complaint.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you need to post up the letter replies you have been getting.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

or a camera or phone pics?

dx

and they