unauthorized by moorcroft

jaymuls
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,i agreed to pay moorcroft £15 by d/c over the phone on monday,today when i checked my account,they took nearly £50.any ideas if thet are commiting a crime,cheers

Surely, this is theft, but I am guessing that they will claim they "misheard".

If it was me I would approach my bank and demand an immediate refund. I would then bill Moorcrofts at £9.25/hr plus expenses for the time it has taken to address their c*ck-up/theft.

To your bank, quickly! Tell them what happened and insist they refund this straight away. Tell them you were taken in by a debt recovery company who have obviously taken advantage of your account without your express permission, and see if they'll cancel the card to issue a new one - on the ground these cowboys WILL do it again.

Then, WRITE, do not phone, Moorcroft to protest at their underhand actions and insist they make amends, by all means charge them for your time spent sorting it out at the bank, add on £15 for sending the letter. They'll never pay, but it's worth pointing out that they have made the mess and you shouldn't be out of pocket over it.

I doubt the Police would be very helpful in processing this as a crime, but that depends how you approach them. If Moorcroft claim it was a mistake then you can't do too much about it. Well, you could, but think about proving it in court...

It's a pity the muppets at these DCA's can't find something more useful to do, like filling shelves at their local Lidl...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Golden Rule number 1 - don't speak to these people on the phone ever - everything in writing so you have proof of all transactions. They will also try to bully you into paying more than you can afford. If they call, hang up. Golden Rule No2 - don't give them access to your bank account or they will do what they have just done - take what they like - and there is no proof to say you didn't agree so crime or not, there is nothing you can do about it. Change your bank account or they will just go on helping themselves. Do you have proof that Moorcroft has any legal right to collect this debt at all?

To your bank, quickly! Tell them what happened and insist they refund this straight away. Tell them you were taken in by a debt recovery company who have obviously taken advantage of your account without your express permission, and see if they'll cancel the card to issue a new one - on the ground these cowboys WILL do it again.

Then, WRITE, do not phone, Moorcroft to protest at their underhand actions and insist they make amends, by all means charge them for your time spent sorting it out at the bank, add on £15 for sending the letter. They'll never pay, but it's worth pointing out that they have made the mess and you shouldn't be out of pocket over it.

I doubt the Police would be very helpful in processing this as a crime, but that depends how you approach them. If Moorcroft claim it was a mistake then you can't do too much about it. Well, you could, but think about proving it in court...

It's a pity the muppets at these DCA's can't find something more useful to do, like filling shelves at their local Lidl...

I forgot about adding on for sending the letter.

Assume 6 hours sorting out new bank account/cards/etc, cancelling payment and sorting it all out @ £9.25/hr plus costs of sending letter and expenses. Could soon add up.

Did the excess payment cause any interest/charges to go on. Dispute these also with your bank.

A lesson to everyone, dont give DCAs your bank details, or speak to them on the phone, they are lying/cheating so and so's, im being conservative tonight:D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I would write to them stating that you have a recording of the telephone call and that you will type out a trascript as eveince of fraud unless the money is returned

It is not ilegal to tape the call only illegal if you play it to 3rd partys

and its not illegal to make a transcript

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full