Citigroup job cull to hit 75,000

PGH7447
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am an offender and I really did not mean the office cleaner who works for a pittance anyway,not even the Bank staff as I worked for a Bank

many years ago,in the days when you could walk into the branch and speak to your Bank Manager if you had a problem and he would take a personal interest in your affairs helping however he could.

However,nowadays,Banks seem to be simply,money making machines who have scant regard for customers circumstances.If you have spare money they want to sell you something,if you are in trouble they are not interested but merely want their money back but whatever means at hand.

Instead of treating customers with respect they sell off their debts to DCA's like Cabot and basically wash their hands of customers who may have dealt with them for years,this leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and having been subject to this kind of treatment,my immediate reaction is 'Serves them right'.

I do think the genereal consensus would be to have sympathy for anyone who loses their job but Banks in general and their collection practices in particular makes it inevitable that anyone connected with the industry as it is now,unfortunately,have to face the wrath of anyone who may have suffered at their hands.

When I said that my heart bleeds for them - not, it was directed at the industry in general,not a specific jibe at anyone in particular.

I'm afraid the finance industry in general have become social pariahs because of their business practices over the past few decades. Long gone are the days of the Capt Mainwaring type bank managers, albeit even they could be 'ruthless' in their own way.

Nowadays, the industry is owned & run by soulless fatcats who are far remote from the real world in which we live. They have no conception whatsoever about real people & the consequence they have on peoples lives. In the end we are just A/C No.s, faceless digits in a system designed purely to manufacture money.

Nowadays, the industry is owned & run by soulless fatcats who are far remote from the real world in which we live. They have no conception whatsoever about real people & the consequence they have on peoples lives. In the end we are just A/C No.s, faceless digits in a system designed purely to manufacture money.

Agree entirely and if out of the 75K redundancies some of them are from the pool of people who managed to loose their bank group billions or were happy to sell loans and other products to customers without the proper checks, then so be it, as for the staff in the backroom, Im afraid that when any business goes down the job shedding route they always feel the heat, the only ones who are safe are the FAT CATS unless the shareholders kick em out.

as for poster saying good riddance I'm afraid that if you work for a bank be it in IT; HR or whatever they will be tarred by the same brush as far as people who have been ruthlessly treated by the banks are concerned, not nice but there ya go Volvodriver, thats life get over it:-)

However,nowadays,Banks seem to be simply,money making machines who have scant regard for customers circumstances.If you have spare money they want to sell you something,if you are in trouble they are not interested but merely want their money back but whatever means at hand.

I remember going into banks about 10 years ago & they seemed like welcoming places/only too happy to assist & help etc...

Nowerdays..i try to avoid going into my branch as best i can coz i find them very hostile places with a "what are you doing in here" type attitude about them :(

Raed an article today in the Mail about a family in Scotland where the husband worked for a bank in some sector or other on about £150K a year, when he was suddenly made redundant, started to feel sorry for them until the wife went on about not having any holidays to look forward to (Holidays what are they) and that they were having to cut back so they could still send their little darlings to private school at £8K a year EACH

Good grief some people dont even take home £8k a year, any sympathy went straight out the window

A very middle-class recession: One moment you're planning your holiday, the next you're on the abyss... | Mail Online

yes well a lot more redundancies and loss of jobs, among a lot more other sectors, and i feel sorry for those who have not joined us yet, as they are in for a big shock if they dont know their rights

im so grateful that ive found this site as ive taken stock of my life this year and really have understood got to take care of myself and my family

i know about redundancy and its not pleasant, and i wouldnt wish to make it a mockery or a low jibe at anyone, but its a fact of life now, no ones job is really that secure, you are just a number to any organisation if they start believing they have to save costs, look at the outsourcing they have done to other countries, this has saved the banks lots of money already

and yes like Mrs Z , still no sign of my CCA's.

have a fun day ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D