CCJ - but passed to a DCA????

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Before I found this wonderful site - A bank took a claim against me (about 6 years ago) - I filled in the forms and agreed a payment of £70 per month we I have paid and never missed. I have since found out that they have no CCA but realise nothing can be done as I filled in the form and admitted the debt.

However, I have today received a Notice of Assignment from YB advising the balance has been assigned to Marlin and no further payment should be made to them?? What to do do I stop paying the court order and request the CCA from Marlin or just continue paying my CCJ???

I know you look forward to my very unusual questions ????

Thanks

• 4 months later...
Hi I have continued making my regular payment and have today received a letter saying as I am in breach of my judgement they are seeking to get an enforcement order - but I have not missed a payment???? Do I contact the court?

Who was the regular payment made to?

Who has written the letter?

In your circumstances you need to have a quick look at the judgment. Did the order to pay £70 monthly specify exactly who to make payments to? If it says the 'claimant' then you should continue doing so. And also reply to the claimant saying you have to do this because that was what the judgment ordered. If the claimant has passed the matter to a DCA then they will have to have the judgment amended.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi

I do not have a copy of the original judgement - i pay it to YB and have done for 5-6 years never missed the payment - i received a letter from marlin saying the debt had been assigned to them and now I have a letter from they solictors Morgans saying they are going to enforce the judgement as I have not paid it??

Hi I have continued making my regular payment and have today received a letter saying as I am in breach of my judgement they are seeking to get an enforcement order - but I have not missed a payment???? Do I contact the court?

If the letter was from Marlin, it is because YB pass the monies to them eventually, and Marlin perfer you to pay them direct! Scare tactics with no back up.

They have said the same to me, and I know I have been paying the original creditor on time, I am now going down the cca route with marlin.

Good luck

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Remus, If a CCJ has been awarded then it supersedes any agreement. Applying for a copy of the original credit agreement might interesting but is completely irrelevant.

As for the judgment itself : you would have been ordered to pay the claimant a certain sum. If you then start paying someone else then the claimant would be able to claim you have breached the terms of the judgment.

If the claimant wants you to pay someone else then they will have to apply to the court to have the judgment amended.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Remus, If a CCJ has been awarded then it supersedes any agreement. Applying for a copy of the original credit agreement might interesting but is completely irrelevant.

Surely if the CCJ is wrong in law, its wrong in Law and cant stand if proved to be so.

Not ragging on you, at all - and welcome a discussion on the subject :)

In knowledge lies wisdom

Mo - not even a bar-stool lawyer, but I'll help where I can...