Default notice issued

Sephy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have had a default notice issued to me by Studio catalogue. Admittedly I got so caught up in making sure that all my credit cards were cleared and everything else was in order in my life I completely forgot about this catalogue. Needless to say if gave me a bit of a fright and rushed to pay it off in full. It was a silly amount around £100.

However I have had a lot of problems with Studio which I will detail. Firstly my order arrived 6 months late and I complained about this, I also complained that I had never recieved a credit agreement. My order once it was recieved was wrong and everytime I called studio to get it rectified I was treated like dirt.

Is there anyway I can get this removed? Can I try and get it removed on the basis I paid as soon as the mistake was realised? Or do I have a snowballs chance in hell?

My only other option would be to say in exchange for the default being roemoved I would not go to Trading Standards, the Ombudsman or any other consumer groups and take action against them for their other mistakes.

If anyone could help I would be really grateful as this is making me sick with worry.

Edited by Sephy

When was the DN issued and when did you pay it?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

It's ok then,

you get 14 days to pay it so it won't be recorded on your file,

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

No problem,

You really can only check on your credit files,

it should state on the default notice

you have 14 days to pay the balance etc blah before any action,

Ida x

All I have is:

You are in breach of the payment terms of your credit agreement with our client Studio. To remedy your breach you must make payment to studio before 15-Nov-08.

So now that this was paid it won't show up on my file? Should i call to make sure that it won't?

if you only received the letter yesterday then I believe you get 14 days from when you received it

It shouldn't show up

Ida x

• Haha 1

And if that's all it states it's not a legally valid Default Notice anyway.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to initially make a complaint to the credit reference agencies on the grounds that the information that they hold on you is not accurate and the default should be removed.

You might not get very far with them but you initially need to go through this step.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Equifax Credit File Advice Centre

P.O. Box 1140

Bradford

BD1 5US

Experian

Talbot House

Talbot Street

Nottingham

NG80 1TH

United Kingdom

Callcredit Limited

One Park Lane

Leeds

West Yorkshire

LS3 1EP

t. 0113 244 1555

f. 0113 234 0050

w. www.callcredit.co.uk

And what then after that?
If they don't remove it you threaten court action and you include the CRA in the claim. They don't like the idea of being taken to court and usually buckle straight away.

Hi,

I have had a default notice issued to me by Studio catalogue. Admittedly I got so caught up in making sure that all my credit cards were cleared and everything else was in order in my life I completely forgot about this catalogue. Needless to say if gave me a bit of a fright and rushed to pay it off in full. It was a silly amount around £100.

However I have had a lot of problems with Studio which I will detail. Firstly my order arrived 6 months late and I complained about this, I also complained that I had never recieved a credit agreement. My order once it was recieved was wrong and everytime I called studio to get it rectified I was treated like dirt.

Is there anyway I can get this removed? Can I try and get it removed on the basis I paid as soon as the mistake was realised? Or do I have a snowballs chance in hell?

My only other option would be to say in exchange for the default being roemoved I would not go to Trading Standards, the Ombudsman or any other consumer groups and take action against them for their other mistakes.

If anyone could help I would be really grateful as this is making me sick with worry.

Have you sent for a copy of your credit agreement as per s77-79 of CCA 1974 ? Do they actually have a credit agreement? And also have you asked for your documents from Studio by sending £10 under the DPA for all your account history and Payment history?

If you are sure you have paid this debt,it may be worthwhile asking for your records under the DPA.It is not up to you to prove that you do not owe this money,but for them to prove you do. And if you have a dispute with Studio cards,this can be marked on your CRF files as under dispute and they should not pursue you,or risk being reported to the OFT under Debt Collection guidance. Before I did what I do now,I used to work for the finance industry for a major bank (0ne of the top 5) and on CRF files we took fook all notice of Mail Order files,cos they were always flawed and out of synch, as long as everything else was ok.

HTH

• Haha 1

Have you sent for a copy of your credit agreement as per s77-79 of CCA 1974 ? Do they actually have a credit agreement? And also have you asked for your documents from Studio by sending £10 under the Data Protection Act for all your account history and Payment history?

If you are sure you have paid this debt,it may be worthwhile asking for your records under the DPA.It is not up to you to prove that you do not owe this money,but for them to prove you do. And if you have a dispute with Studio cards,this can be marked on your CRF files as under dispute and they should not pursue you,or risk being reported to the OFT under Debt Collection guidance. Before I did what I do now,I used to work for the finance industry for a major bank (0ne of the top 5) and on CRF files we took fook all notice of Mail Order files,cos they were always flawed and out of synch, as long as everything else was ok.

HTH

I requested my credit agreement but all I got was an unsigned version for me to sign and send back to them. There is no sign of my signature on the document just someone from Studios signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done :)

• Haha 1

Not only that they have agreed to remove ALL adverse credit data as it was their fault in the first place and that two of my complaints were ignored despite being sent recorded. I am a little shellshocked, its amazing what threatening to go to court can do :)