Car Repo and HP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a vehicle which was bought on hire purchase through a relation. I fell behind on payments. I tried to negotiate with the company, even though they agreed to the proposed repayment schedule, they send a vehicle to my home in the middle of the night,(about 11.15).The car was on my drive way. I told them to leave, and that as the property was on private land, they would need a court order. I tried to explain that I had made an arrangement, but they persisted. They eventually left, after making several threats, (one of them telling me he was a yardie), and telling me he would be back. Today they came to my workplace. I again told them this private property, and that they must leave.One of them ran over my foot with the van. They refused to leave. They were acting agressively, waiving iron bars etc. This is on CCTV.They took the car, I was scared for my life What can I do?

Buying a car for someone else on hp is illegal. It is known in the industry as an 'accommodation deal'. However your relation may have some comeback re the finance company. It is not the fault of the repo company. If they took any notice of the tales they were told when out doing their unsavoury job they would never repo anything. How many months old is this agreement? How many payments were made? Once you have paid a third of the total amount payable under an HP agreement the company need a court order to reposess.