firstplus ppi can I claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well so far I have had the 1st fob off letter telling me that they would not uphold my claim and do not believe that they mis-sold. Then wrote back as they had not answered all points raised by my first letter. I also pointed out that the first telephone recording they sent referred to an earlier conversation which they had not sent to me following my SAR's.

I received a reply saying they would reply in full by 24/2/09, then today another saying my claim has been referred to thier Senior Managers and when they get the information they need they will write to me. Should be no later than 2/3/09.

Anyone else had this sort of reply?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard Letter in the first part.

You have to be aware that unless you send the letter direct to a named individual the complaint gets logged in summary into the "Respond CenterPoint – Complaint Management System"

Basically if you send it to Complaints Department. Some jobsworth will enter it in as "Mr Complained about mis -sold policy"

What it seems here is that they are now taking task on the entire contents of the letter, due to the AMOUNT of complaints being raised for issues not being addressed.

The letters they are sending are most definetly pre defined:

4 Week Hold

8 Week Hold

Letters, I noticed on my SAR and this was confirmed by one of our whistleblowers that these HOLD letters are entered into the diary at the same time. Which is just wrong.. they really should deal with each complaint in full and only issue hold letters if it is required.

Software Used By FIRSTPLUS: http://www.cdcsoftware.com/en/Customers/A-to-Z-Listing.aspx?name=Barclays

Edited by incipience

Support the Cause and Fight Firstplus Google "First Plus Complaints"

I have recieved a reply from Firstplus today. The letter in brief they feel that we were provided with good enough information to make an informed decision about taking the policy. Nevertheless senior managers have considered the complaint and are willing to to reach an agreement in an attempt to reach a mutually agreeable outcome.

They are concerned that we are unhappy with the remaining cover and should we choose to cancel the policy they would like to offer an enhanced rebate. This is calculated on a pro-rata basis of 78% of the insurance premium.

The offer takes into account the time the policy has provided us with cover (20 months) and the rebate is calculated on the unexpired term remaining (40 months).

This would mean an amount of £3324.95 would be applied to our account in additrion to the normal rebate of £2262.44 payable on cancellation of the policy.

They point out that this additional refund is made with no admission of liability by either the insurers or Firstplus and is purely a gestur of goodwill. They request that we confirm acceptance of the offer in writing at our earliest convenience.

This letter is to be considered thier final response in relation to this matter, however, they must inform us that should we dissatified we have the option to ask the FOS to review our complaint.

Can one of the experts out there please give me some advice as to what they consider to be the next best course of action.

Thanks.;):?:

Varda, sorry, was going to reply earlier, however these sort of discussions on a public Forum that FIRSTPLUS will no doubt be visiting, really would prejudice your case.

I am part of the "Firstplus Complaints" Forum and we note Firstplus popping in and reading our forums each day, so we had to secure it.

I will say you have many options and dont even consider the FOS as you will be waiting at least a year.

• Haha 1

Support the Cause and Fight Firstplus Google "First Plus Complaints"