help what do we do with this - old halifax mortgage

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife sent off a Budget plan to this company over a old house which was repossessed back in 1995 so its close

She has no income as all the benefits come in my name and she receives nothing

we are worried about sending of this information as its can be so easly misused

Picture.jpg

Picture001.jpg

You don't say exactly why they want this information.

Are they chasing a 13 year old debt?

It would be helpfull if you could give us more information.

I am sure somebody will advise you further soon.

Under what circumstances did they request the information from your wife to begin with?

HB

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

my wife and her formaer husband were talked into a morgate even though at the time they were both on benifits in 1990

they moved out and handed the keys back in 1994

they split up later in 97

she has not ever made any payments on this debit altough this company say a payment was made in 2002 by her ex husband!!!!

she sent of her statment of income to just stop them harrasing her every six weeks with letters saying she will be taken to court of she does not reply to them soon, using the temlpates on this site stateing her personal income is ZERO and this was the companys replay

Typical bloody chancers.

Are you absolutely sure that no payments have been made?

If so, then the alleged debt is statute barred. That means it is, and will always remain, unenforceable at law.

Send these cretins letter M from the templates and then have nothing to do with them.

This needs to go to the OFT as it against the Debt Collection Guidance to harass people for statute barred debts.

Now, with the CPUTR 2008 it can go Trading Standards as well. Take it through Consumer Direct.

Make an internal complaint to the illiterate morons with a view to escalating it to the Financial Ombudsman.

This sort of abuse has got to be STOPPED.

SH

Did she ever get any notification that the house had been sold after she gave it up?

I bought my council house back in 2003 and split with my ex in 2004, he never paid any mortgage and the house was repossesed then sold at auction. All moneys outstanding were paid to the various people who wanted it after the sale and there was £1000 excess which was shared between me and my ex.

I MIGHT BE WRONG, but to my mind this debt should be statute barred, unless when your wifes ex paid the money in 2002 they have accepted it as a payment from BOTH of them.

Take Scabhunters advice and send them letter M, in here : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

and complain as well to everybody Scabhunter has mentioned.

Keep us informed. :)

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

she never recived any notifacation for the sale and they claim there is over 9000 still to pay.

the whole thing is a mess as the is a tolal lack of paperwork and a lot of here say.

The wife can only remember signing one pice of paper and let the rest to her ex but he is claming she did all the paperwork.

The divorce was messey and my wife was left with the two kidsand untill last year he even refused to pay CSA for them.

we have tried to get paperwork but are running into brick walls as the companys say the need the permision of the ex to issue them and he is refusing to talk to them.

I would suggest sending them an S.A.R -subject access request, but I really don't know what would happen with it with regards to your wifes ex being on the paperwork.

I am hoping that somebody with more experience in this field will advise you further soon. If not, you could always PM one of the site team and they will point you in the right direction.

To find them, click on "the consumer forums" link and scroll right down to the bottom of the page, where all the members online are listed. The site team are the ones with their names in red.

If you go in here House Prices and type in the post code of the house you will find out what it was sold for and when. :wink:

• 1 year later...

It is 12 years, however someone made a payment (her ex husband) so the clock has been reset.

How much are they after?

Is there a CCJ somewhere floating around in the past?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

the "payment" was never shown to us has who payed it as the original DCA wouldnt send my wife any paperwork, but back then we were not as clude up as now whith sevral wins under our belts over the mess this divoce left.

we are now awating this new company to rear its head then war will comence, and this time we wont stop at them saying it will be returned to halifax, we will take it as far as it needs to go to get it closed down, as i belive the payment was not payed by either party,

so do i

statute barred!!

how about sar halifax?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lenny, if they are saying that a payment has been received, effectively starting the clock again, then you need to find out when the payment was made and who by.

IMHO, I would send a Subject Access Request to whoever has made this claim and specifically request a payment schedule.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 10 months later...

Still no image.. see if you can turn it into a pdf and use the manage attachements link under the reply box :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi there

First if it IS statute Barred (12 years for Mortgage) then END OF -- you are home clear and dry. The Slimebags can go back to the pond from which they emerged.

Otherwise :

IMO if you have no money and don't own any property just tell them to Foxtrot Oscar --let THEM go to court -- if you are on DHSS the Court if it made ANY order at all on this would probably request you pay a nominal 1 GBP a month.

DO NOT EVER EVER send a DCA a statement of income. Only a Judge can demand this and NEVER EVER EVER set up a Direct Debit with a DCA.

While my solution here isn't the legal one it's the best PRATICAL advice -- if you don't have any money you can't pay any ---END OF.

In your position just tell the slime bags to "make the proverbial sexual move with a Duck", sit back and enjoy.

Inn any case I have absolutely NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT for people who re-possess homes whatever the circumstances --and having thrown people out on to the street actually have the gall to DEMAND more money.

If I were in a pub and I met a solicitor who had just done this I can assure you there would certainly be some interested spectators in the Pub car park I can tell you.

Whenever I read these forums I am absolutely HORRIFIED how nasty some so called "Human beings" can be.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

he is a breakdown of what it says

i refer to the account

please note that shoosmiths are now acting in this matter and will be contacting you shortly.

if you have any queries please contact shoosmiths

Hi there

First if it IS statute Barred (12 years for Mortgage) then END OF -- you are home clear and dry. The Slimebags can go back to the pond from which they emerged.

it nearly 17 years although the last lot said a ammount was payed on december 31 2003 but they wodnt tell us the ammount payed and who payed it due to data protection, as her ex had not given his permision.....

Otherwise :

IMO if you have no money and don't own any property just tell them to Foxtrot Oscar --let THEM go to court -- if you are on DHSS the Court if it made ANY order at all on this would probably request you pay a nominal 1 GBP a month.

we dont have a dime i am a disabled ex forces vertrain and she is unable to work and we like in local athoritys houseing on benifits

DO NOT EVER EVER send a DCA a statement of income. Only a Judge can demand this and NEVER EVER EVER set up a Direct Debit with a DCA.

While my solution here isn't the legal one it's the best PRATICAL advice -- if you don't have any money you can't pay any ---END OF.

In your position just tell the slime bags to "make the proverbial sexual move with a Duck", sit back and enjoy.

Inn any case I have absolutely NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT for people who re-possess homes whatever the circumstances --and having thrown people out on to the street actually have the gall to DEMAND more money.

If I were in a pub and I met a solicitor who had just done this I can assure you there would certainly be some interested spectators in the Pub car park I can tell you.

Whenever I read these forums I am absolutely HORRIFIED how nasty some so called "Human beings" can be.

Cheers

jimbo

thanks for you advice

If they wont provide the info that soemone somewhere paid some sum then, inform tham that due to this glaring inconsistency that an alledged sum was paid by an alledged benefactor they had better chase the alledged benefactor