• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

UK26 -V- Experian Limited

UK26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought this would be of interest to members of this forum.

I issued a claim against Experian Limited for removal of disputed data from my credit file.

They have refused to remove the data at my request so a claim was issued in Peterborough County Court.

I have many documents to scan which will take an hour or two. However, I will have them all up asap.

Any feedback would be welcomed and any help with my statement of case would be appreciated.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what i have come up with so far. Any input would be of help?

1. The Claimant is at all material times an individual (Subject) under The Data Protection Act 1998.

2. The Defendant is at all material times a Data Controller in the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, and is responsible for the processing of data of which the Claimant is a Subject.

3. On 12th February 2008 and 11th March 2008, the claimant sent an email to the defendant disputing the data within the claimant’s credit report.

4. It’s admitted by the claimant that the defendant placed a dispute marker on the claimants credit file and contacted the lenders to confirm the data was correct.

The claimant contends even though the defendant placed a disputed marker on his credit file, doing so had no effect and the data on the credit file still embarrassed the claimant in such way he was not able to obtain full banking services with any high street banks and was declined by estate agents for an application to rent a flat. This resulted in the claimant having no other option then to live in the ********* ( A large block of rooms for the homeless)

The defendant was made aware that the data within the credit report had been disputed and the claimant believes it is against the Data Protection Act 1998, to place a default or continue to allow a default to be published where a legitimate dispute exists.

I enclose two copies of the claimant’s credit report, which was obtained from the defendant.

Credit Report – Date Obtained 28/08/08 – Exhibit CR1

Credit Report – Date Obtained 20/09/08 – Exhibit CR2

Disputed Default Entries

Entry Number C1 - Lowell Portfolio I Limited (Exhibit 1)

Entry Number C3 - HFO Services Limited (Exhibit 2)

Entry Number C4 - Hillesden Securities Limited (Exhibit 3)

Entry Number C5 - Lloyds TSB Bank (Exhibit 4)

Entry Number C8 – Capquest (Exhibit 5)

Disputed Address Links

Principle 5 of the Data Protection Act states that ‘Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.’ The Defendant had no reason to retain the Claimant’s personal data beyond the 6-year period. (Exhibit 6)

Hi

Still working on the case, just an idea i need to run passed you guys.

Can i do a witness statement to support why my claim should be heard and not be struck out? or is it best to simply send in the statement of caese??

Hi, spark1 civil procedure rules state, where a lay representative conducts a case on behalf of the claimant or defendant that the lay representative can only do so in the presents of the claimant or defendant and cannot do so if they are absent.

• 2 weeks later...

[update]

Has you may know, I took court action against Experian Limited for publishing incorrect data.

Andrew Mills applied to the court to have my case struck out and be awarded over £700 of costs.

Today was an application hearing to have the case struck out

Andrew Mills and I both attended court

Hearing lasted for 1.5 hours in total

Outcome was, Application to have my case struck out was dismissed, and the judge ordered Case Allocation Questioner to be sent to claimant to be completed and returned.

Andrew Mills invited me after the hearing for a quick chat.

He as now agreed to go back to the banks and question the data again, but also ask to see proof.

Andrew Mills, wanted me to suspend my case, pending there investigation into my disputes. I advised Andrew Mills, that I would only allow this, if they remove the data now or block it from being seen by other lenders. He denied this, so AQs will be filed with the court.

Edited by UK26
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys for your support, Mr Mills ant a happy bloke lol

I'm looking forward to the trial and watching Experian try there best to wiggle out of this lol

Hi

How would i apply for Summary Judgment?

Excellent.

It must be very frustrating for them, having to justify their actions when in the past it has gone unchallenged.

UK26- Perhaps time for you to apply for a Summary Judgment, keep them under pressure.

Maybe, if i win my case with the help of you guys, it will be a big lession for them and they may then stop doing the stuff they do and keep fobbing of people.

MR Mills, said to me yesterday, that they dont do suchj thing, I said there are alot of pis*se* off people, he said, alot of the time people complain about nothing just to try and get information deleted.

He claims, in the last 10 years, i am the only one so far who has managed to get a case listed for a hearing. so he is worried

The Allocation Questionnaire gives hint that this case will go fast track

N150 been given to me to complete and not the normal N149

Need your help guys, i would like to make it really hard for experain

any suggestions on completing this AQ?

Proposed directions?

Which track do you consider is most suitable for your claim?

Edited by UK26

[update]

Just sent the below email to Mr Mills

Dear Mr Mills

I now draw your attention to Section 42 and 45 of http://www.experian.co.uk/www/pages/downloads/compliance/guidance_on_defaults.pdf

Unless you can confirm to me, the defaults in question have been removed within the next 24 hours, I will be filing an application at court for summary judgement against Experian.

Please also note, I have received the Allocation questionnaire from Peterborough County Court. The fee required to send this to the court is £200.00 and I will ask all my legal costs in obtaining judgement to be awarded on top of any compensation.

I await your response.

UK26

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks