bank charges-Who actually gets Letters

davefirewalker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've noticed a common theme throughout all these discussions about charges for letters etc

In my history with the bank (7-8 years) i "might" have had 2 - 3 letters one i think was to tell me a cheque I had put into my account had bounced, maybe the other two were slapping my wrists i can't remember. My charges just go straight in no Letters at all!

Can I charge for the letters I'm sending them ?

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I'm with RBS and I don't get letters, my partner just got his first ever charge applied and the bank (also RBS) sent him a letter telling him they were going to take the charges. I don't understand why he was told in advance and I never am even though we are with the same bank.

RBS:

Data Protection Act request sent 6/6/06

Prelim sent 23/6/06 - no response

LBA sent 10/7/06

Hi,

I am with Nationwide and I have never had any letters, the charges simply appear on my bank statements as a surprise. I have just submitted a small cliam for £1484.31, and I mentioned the fact that I have not actually received any letters in my submission. I am after all trying to prove that the charges do not represent their true losses. I would hate them to get paid for letters they could not even bother to claim.

Best wishes

Blacksheep

Check your account Ts&Cs for the wording near the bottom that implies the bank complies with the Banking Code. They are supposed to give 14 days notice of charges being taken out in accordance with the Banking Code. There's not much you can do about it other than complain to the bank as the Banking Code is voluntary and not binding. But I'd complain that they are stating compliance and then ignoring it.

You can't really charge them for sending letters to them, as it would contradict what you are claiming against them for. You can recover the cost of postage and recorded/special delivery fees as part of your Moneyclaim costs though, along with any DPA fee paid.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

I'm the same, I've got a student account with RBS and I NEVER get letters about charges.

The only 'Charge notification' I receive is the 'maintenance charge' of £10 for going over my student overdraft, but they charge me this £10 THEN slap a £35 charge for the exact same thing (unauthorised OD)!!!

I challenged them in my branch about this, and the fact that they subscribe to the Banking Code, but as they have given me notice of the £10 charge I've been notified?! So what about the fact you're charging me £10 AND another £35 (with no notice) for going over my limit. To this she started talking nonsense and mumbled something along the lines of the 'charges are in the T&C's of your account' kak....

BAH! RBS smell...

Lloyds Current A/C DPA sent 7th May 2009 Closed and charges wiped Summer 2010.

Barclays A/C DPA sent 4th June 2009: no reply, no correspondence as of 2011.

Littlewoods Data Protection Act Section 10 sent 09/06/2006 - Fraudulent A/C closed and CRA data removed November 2006.

HSBC Default & Debt wiped March 2009 (6 yr Statute barred reached)

RBS - Claim 1 - Settled in FULL £766.00 20/06/2006.

RBS - Claim 2 - Settled in FULL £777.95 08/09/2006

BOS A/C No. 1 & 2

Amount - £586.39 claim plus 8% interest

SETTLED IN FULL 08/09/2006 - CHEQUE FOR £625.25

Halifax Visa Data Protection Act Disclosure Received

First Direct Data Protection Act Disclosure received