• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tilly Is Going Bankrupt (here we go again )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the way i see it i have 3 options

1. Try and prove the house was undersold, after all what s gone on last few months, dont know if i could hack it at the mo to be honest,

2. Let them chase me for 12 years, to be honest i dont think i could cope with that.

3. Go Bankcrupt and knock it all the head so to speak, fresh start in a year or so with nothing hanging over my head or lurking in the shadows,

Now is the best time to do it before you return to work, on benefits you will have no IPA to pay and will be discharged within the year.

Fantastic advice.

I couldnt agree more.

yep i agree too :)

Hi Hopeful

I hope so too :)

Taken me a long time to decide whether to go Bankrupt, but after a lot of thinking

and advise, from good peeps here, also from cab and also a meeting this afternoon

with an insolvency adviser(thingy lol) who advised me to go bankrupt due to the large

shortfall amount, and also ex going for it, so although my mind was made up, i really

had no choice in the end,

Tilly

Hi Mich thanks for your support :)

Giz thanks for explaining Termi's post

Tawny

Good to see you have flown in :p noooo not even thought about bankruptsy bash,

think my bashing days are over for a bit now, time to get prioritys in order me thinks

and yes i think the devil has resurfaced.

Tilly

Hi Babybear

Thankyou for your support, i would just like to apologise the late reply,

As someone pointed out to me i went awol :(

Reason being i think i have just had the worst 3 days since all this started, i think any body only have certains limits they can be pushed to and i think reached mine and i think everything over the last 5 months came crashing down in one hit, and thanks to a good friend who tonight spent an hour and half on the phone talking to me,and making me talk, as well as a few harsh words :rolleyes::eek: you know who you are :)not saying im all bright and breezy but has kicked me into touch so speak, it is hard to explain how you feel, or anyone feels

that has been here or what the op in the thread above feels, all you r emotions the hurt the anger, build up and in the end i guess they have to erupt, i have kept this bottled up and to my self, my advise is dont, talk to someone even if it s the cat next door off load, waffle over .

ps soz about your phonebill :eek:

Tilly

Tilly

You are going through a major transistion in your life, and with this comes feelings of loss not unlike bereavement. You are not only losing your home but your marriage, employment and all related security. Today is maybe the first time the full impact hs taken its toll, but it wont be the last time but you have started the process of healing the wounds that you have incurred during the last few months.Keep talking to your friends and family, the pain and anger will subside, and one day you will wake up not only to a brighter future, but feeling that the future is brighter and looking forward to it as well.

Thanks Giz think maybe your right, cant wait till i wake up and its brighter :) like you say it will happen in time.

Hi Tilly

Just wanted to let you know that im ithinking of you and it had to come out sooner or later but please dont live in the past as this is a brand new start for you and i must tell you that its 2008 the number 8 represents New beginnings and the number 7 is completion so whatever you went through the last 7 years its over! And this year your new start begins :)

Thanks Mich, your right the past has been and gone time to move on, will try anyway :)

pssst whats number 9 :)

hi tills just wanted to add my support too u were missed from msn glad your ok agree about the letting off steam xxkia

Hiya Kia

Thanks for popping in, aww you miss me :p seriously though not been logged on anywhere exept the occasional poke on fb :eek:

seriously though not been logged on anywhere exept the occasional poke on fb :eek:

So many comments, but best keep them to self :p;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: have to take it out on someone :rolleyes: :grin:

It is a good thing that you've started to release some of that emotion. I expect you've been holding yourself together for a long time as a coping mechanism, but also to protect your children. As fab as you obviously are, you're only human. Don't forget to keep giving yourself a pat on the back for coping with as much as you have :)

{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Tilly

• Haha 1

Thankyou Tau

I have the forms, at the mo they are going whoooosh :confused: im thinking to wait until

i have a permanat address and settled. Sounds like your on the way up :) your

right i think you do appreciate things more when you save and pay things yourself.

thankyou for your support.

Tilly

I have just gone deaf after that ;)

pmsl you think that was bad you should have been here lol

Ok i is calm now :rolleyes:

Firstly forms filled and ready to go, :eek:

next a bit of topic

Had meeting with housing dude, ask's me to get in touch with ME, for the amount of mortgage, how much left to pay after sale and repayment plan:confused: won't proccess housing application until he has this info, ok rings up ME

a. cant find me :eek:

b. 2 different account numbers :eek:

c.tis in dispute :eek:

when they do eventually find me, they tell me they cant give me the info the council dude has to request it, :mad:

So i ask's why is the account in dispute, oh i can't tell you need to ring the solicitors, hangs up rings solicitors, apparantly to do with the valuation, so gawd know's who put it in dispute i certainly didn't confused cos i is lol

Oh tills.

U so sound like u are having fun. first they under value the house now they say its in dispute.

lol GM must admit i did actually laugh, think she thought i was a fruit loop :grin:

I feel a voddy session comming on here as it is getting stupid.

Haha noooo tooo early in the day :p

Hi Gm

naaaa still tooo early lol

Not sure if the i's have been dotted and the t's crossed on the dotted line yet,

you know what for the first time, i don't care :D it's gone and in the past now

but i can see what you are saying, to be honest GM i dont't even know where

they got the dispute bit from, probs not even my account pmsl

the only thing left that has anything to do with me now regarding the house is the shortfall, lol whats that saying howwww lowwwww can you gooooo :D

Tillyxx