Thesis Servicing, Caerphilly

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody else received a letter from a company called

Thesis Servicing based in Caerphilly.

They sent me a letter saying that my account had been sold to them and they were now dealing with the servicing of the account and NOT SLC, Glasgow.

Had no letters from SLC about it and the account is not in arrears. It is on a deferment until April 2009.

It seemed a bit odd that I received this letter 2 days before the account is due to be cancelled and liability for repayment ended due to attaining the age of 50, which was one of the terms of the original agreement.

Have they taken over the servicing of all Student loans?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I wrote to Thesis informing them that my liability to repay these loans had now ceased as I was now 50 and under the original terms of the agreement I was no longer liable. I heard nothing so telephoned them.

They confirmed that these account were to be written off at the end of the month and I would recieve written confirmation soon after.

So will have to wait and see if they are true to their word.

I still have the original agreement which states'

under Sec12(b)(i) of the terms of the agreement my liability to repay these loans is cancelled.

12. The lender will cancel the borrower’s liability to repay the loan if the borrower-

(a) Dies,

(b) is not behind on any repayments under any agreement for a student loan-

(i) was under the age of 40 when his last agreement for a student loan was made and he reaches the age of 50 or when the last agreement for a student loan has been outstanding for not less than 25 years, which ever is the sooner, or

(ii) was aged 40 or older when his last agreement for a student loan was made and he reaches 60, or

© if the borrower can show the lender that he gets a disability related benefit and because of his disability is permanently unfit for work.

So they can go whistle, will be getting nothing out of me from now on.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I wrote to Thesis informing them that my liability to repay these loans had now ceased as I was now 50 and under the original terms of the agreement I was no longer liable. I heard nothing so telephoned them.

They confirmed that these account were to be written off at the end of the month and I would recieve written confirmation soon after.

So will have to wait and see if they are true to their word.

I still have the original agreement

Well rang these idiots back yesterday as not recieved no confimation about the write off. Was told, they no nothing about the letter that I was told I would recieve early November.

Was told account was with the manager for review, when ask to review what guy said he had no idea but would hear from the manager eventually, but he had 800.000 accounts to go through so it may be some time, I think I will be dead by the time he has got through that lot, so the confirmation letter will be irrelavent then LOL.

Another bunch of incompetent twoks.

posted a thread about this

we also got the same lett,er no they didnt inform my OH that it had been passed on but they were still administering it

it should have been on deferment too

they ring twice a day every day 8am and 6.30pm

• 2 months later...

Well over 3 months now since I wrote to these plonkers. Still never answered. Have phones them don't know how many times, still no confirmation that my liability to repay has ceased.

But couldn't expect much else rearly if they are part of Link Farsical.

Have sent an official complaint, see if they answer that.

• 4 months later...

This doesn't surprise me. I only found out today that they've taken £80 from my bank

1. No deferment forms received from them

2. No notification of the payment to be taken - despite the direct debit mandate requiring notification of change

3. No agreement from me to their company that a direct debit could be set up

4. According to the Student Loans company last time we discussed it, no direct debit set up with them previously which could have been "inherited"

I'l be calling them as soon as the offices reopen, they've had a barnstorming email off me as well as I'm expecting they've screwed over many many people like this.

Did they ever sort you out?

This doesn't surprise me. I only found out today that they've taken £80 from my bank

1. No deferment forms received from them

2. No notification of the payment to be taken - despite the direct debit mandate requiring notification of change

3. No agreement from me to their company that a direct debit could be set up

4. According to the Student Loans company last time we discussed it, no direct debit set up with them previously which could have been "inherited"

I'l be calling them as soon as the offices reopen, they've had a barnstorming email off me as well as I'm expecting they've screwed over many many people like this.

Did they ever sort you out?

Just thought I wold mention that the sending of deferment forms or the decision to defer has nothing to do with Thesis. SCL still administer this part of your loan. Thesis only manage the collection.

• 1 month later...

I also had a letter from Thesis not long after receiving the deferment pack from Student Loans. Unfortunately my deferment luck finally ran out as I was over the minimum earnings amount by £5!! However when I didnt send back the deferment back I heard nothing at all from Student Loans about repayments and then got a letter from Thesis saying that I had defaulted on my first payment, I was now in arrears and needed to make payment. After playing merry hell with them and telling them quite forcefully that I could not possibly be in arrears when I hadnt even had official confirmation that the deferment had ended, when I needed to make a payment and how much, they finally relented. Direct debit was set up and "arrears" wiped. I can ill afford to pay this back at the moment but was advised that all loans are reviewed in September and they then consider whether to raise the minimum earnings threshold. if they increase it and I fall back under which is likely given that I was only £5 over, I can then request a further deferment. I will keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

re SLC, Thesis & deferment

The absurd situation re pre-1998 loans just gets worse & worse! I've had a demand from Thesis, who've 'bought' my loan. How on earth do i defer it ? I've complained to the SLC who told me by email that i should contact Thesis, I've called Thesis who say they will request a deferment form be sent out by the SLC & that they don't send them out themselves ? meanwhile the SLC just refer me to Thesis!

So who sends out the annual deferment forms, SLC or Thesis ? i never received mine (what a surprise!) Now can't get hold of a duplicate. Thesis don't reply to their email & don't have a separate address for complaints - i am on a low income (Income Support & Disability Living Allowance) I am legally entitled to deferment! If the borrower can't get hold of a deferment form, how is (s)he able to defer their loan ??

• 1 month later...

Had a student loan in 1994/95 which I paid off. Out of the blue got a letter last week from Thesis to say I owed £150. I am prepared to leave this for 3 years until I am 50 yrs old but would like to know do statute barring rules apply to these student loans? - if they do I will demand write off of the so called debt on grounds that I have had no contact with them for at least 14 years. Think they are trying it on.

Had a student loan in 1994/95 which I paid off. Out of the blue got a letter last week from Thesis to say I owed £150. I am prepared to leave this for 3 years until I am 50 yrs old but would like to know do statute barring rules apply to these student loans? - if they do I will demand write off of the so called debt on grounds that I have had no contact with them for at least 14 years. Think they are trying it on.

It's my understanding fwiw that they can be statute barred if you've got the right number of years 5 Scotland 6 UK IIRC then you could do worse than read the posts in this forum as you'll get the information a lot quicker that way, it is in here. I've seen it, failing that create a new post and see if 'noomil' replies to it.

HTH