Job application worries

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I've been working for a financial institution for over 12 yrs, firstly as a temp, then for the last 9 yrs as as a contracted temp. Wonder of wonders they have finally offered me a proper full time position! I was delighted as my current position is being offshored next mnoth and I was facing either having to work on a call centre or find work elsewhere. My excitement however has taken a big knock since completing the application form. There are a number of questions concerning ccj's etc, and they want to do a credit search. I do have 2 ccj's which I pay off monthly, and my credit rating must be pretty poor following the break up of a long term relationship a few yrs ago, and I got into debt problems. Although I have made arrangements with everyone I owe money to, I am very worried that when they do the credit search they will withdraw their job offer. Has anyone been in a similar position? Can you reassure me at all????:sad:

Well if it is a bank, then I don't think that they would employ you if you have CCJs as they look at people with poor credit as easier to bribe, and more likely to steal if they are in financial trouble :eek:. However saying that, it is only information that I have found on this site, and hopefully someone will be along soon to show me how wrong I am.

I wish you luck and hope to be proved wrong.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

As 389shell has said if it's a bank you will have problems, in fact you will have problems with any finance institution and even estate agents. What I don't understand is why these searches were not done whilst you were a temp as the 'risk' factor is exactly the same. It may be worth speaking to the company's HR dept, explain the situation and point out that you have been a loyal employee for over 12 years who is extremely excited and grateful for being given the opportunity that you have. They may decide to ignore the checks (unlikely) or if they look sympathetically at your application and history with them you may be offered the job with some sort of contract amendments, additions or extended probation. Good luck anyway and sorry I cant be of further help