Original Agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is the situation with regards to the original agreements relating to any kind of credit account? For instance, if you are taken to court, I presume that the creditor would have to supply the orignal, signed agreement. If they are unable to do this, but could provide a microfiche copy, for example, is this enforceable.

I ask because I am suspicious of a copy agrement that I have recently been sent.

Can you demand to see the original agreement?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Fred,

I read on a post this morning that the DCA has to provide the originals at court for the Judge during the hearing but I have been hunting for it and I just cant find it. It was really informative and If I remember rightly it actually showed the legislation.

Sorry not much use I know but I will keep looking, the info is on here somewhere!

Edited by MONX
missed a bit

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

The DCA does not have to provide the original in court. It only has to provide a true copy of the original, so if it was scanned and the scanned copy is produced, as long as the DCA confirms that it is a true copy, then it will be ok. Generally, this is good news because it needs to be legible and include the original T&C's. Foruntately for us, most scans did not include the original T&C's or they were unreadable, so it would be unlikely to pass the tests set out in the CCA 1974.

• 2 weeks later...