Yorkshire Bank - Business Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some of my experiences here, I am a lot more clued up now than I was when I posted this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/116747-carperbagger-yorkshire-bank-club.html

Basically YB refused to give me refund on the grounds that the account is not governed by the consumer credit act because it is a business account. Even though it is a club account and I therefore cannot speak to a business adviser when I go in the bank!! Also it is a club account which no-one at YB can give me any terms and conditions for because they seem to have discontinued them.

My main problem is that YB also couldn't manage to change the account over into a new name when I took it over from the old chairman, and have lost the paperwork on every occasion. They even lost photocopies of mine and another person's passport page, talk about security concscious! So I can't even get money out at the counter because 'your signature isnt on file'. I also can't stop the statements being delivered to my old address under the old chairman's name, because they managed to change the address but not the name.

I also pursued the matter through FOS, saying that the charges had breached common law, and just keep getting letters every couple months from the FOS saying YB are refusing to co-operate in any way over the charges case. The fact I have no access to my account seems to have been dropped by the wayside. It is so incredibly frustrating.

I got a letter on the 11th December saying the FOS had asked the bank why it believes it has done nothing unlawful in behaving in the way it has. They told me the bank has submitted to them ' a large amount of documentation in support of it's argument which we now need to review in some depth. Given the complexity of the issues it is likely this will take some time, althought we will continue to keep you updated on matters as they happen.'

I phoned up to asked what they were doing about the access issues with the account and was told that this is dealt with by the banking department not the business banking department, and will probably not be resolved until the issues with charges are. They said they'd try and fast track the 'other issues' but I'm not holding my breath. More when I know it.

I've had exactly the same response - you would think if YB keep sending this raft of correspondence to the FOS on our complaints that they might actually get around to making a response to it

I'm up to 9 months on this complaint now and YB will neither justify or provide any breakdown of charges - they just keep saying that this is their right under terms and conditions etc

Mel

• 6 months later...

Mel, you can't go through the FOS with a business claim since they will only deal with Financial Hardship claims at the minute. However, please can you scan up the letter cos it would be interesting to read(can you post your letter to them excluding your details of course)?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

FOS have never advised at any point that business claims were delayed owing to hardship claims - this applies only to personal bank accounts I thought

This is the response I have received from FOS on the basis of documents that YB submitted

Comments gratefully received - seems to me that business claims are now not possible?

Here is scan of response I received

Scan0011.jpg picture by vintagepaint - Photobucket

Mel

moz-screenshot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
fos is okay if its nat west business as terms and conditions classed in many periods as penalties regards gaz

You got some evidence(please scan FOS letter please ;) ) on that one Gaz(cos that kinda stuff interests me and I might know another poster elsewhere which it might help).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

fos is okay if its nat west business as terms and conditions classed in many periods as penalties regards gaz

In answer to your question I saw it another thread re fos being no good but in fos leter it said something along lines of I know this is no good to you but if it was another bank ie nasty westy then the result may have been different sorry cant pinpoint where i saw it on here but thats the gist of it regards Gary

• Haha 1

found it its in the photobucket earlier this thread saying ! exception " i think he was referrring nat west here so it may be that forwarding to ombudsman if its nat west means he may consider them penalties if he doesnt thenn u can still go to court if its business claim regards G