Stewie Vs Welcome PPI **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Helllllo Painty one!!! long time no chat!!

I had a very interesting call from Mr David a last week and then another one yesterday asking if I had any more information for them as they would like to resolve this as quickly as possible. He supplied me his email addy and asked if I could scan the information and send it to him. I have done this because I basically want this done and dusted with now. Unless its going to court and then ill get my bucket and spade out to play.

As far as I am concerned I have complied with everything they have asked for.

Im just pleased the case is now with a decision maker and it shouldnt have an outcome either way.

The one thing I didnt send through were the copies of my insurance cover for critical illness, death, diability etc. I sent through the policy numbers as some of the information on the policy documents are private and the general ones he asked for have not arrived from Legal and General, they will take forever and a day to sort it out im sure.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable response from you Stewie ...

But I will keep you posted. I expect to see a reply within the next few days.

Be good

:grin::grin::grin:Stewieeeeeee :-D:-D:-D

Good Morning!!!

I had a reply from Car Giant and now im getting a bit concerned and irate.

Here is the reply.... Im sick of this and feel like just going straight to the courts and get them to settle it. I dont even feel the need for the FOS at this stage. I want compensation for my time involved with this to :grin:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

Thank you for your e-mail of 23 October 2008.

The Policy Document and settlement request letters of 22 July 2008 and 12 September 2008 were attached.

In my letter of 10 October 2008 and during our telephone conversation on 16 October 2008 I noted that I had reviewed all the documentation and noted your comments. I was keen to see a copy of the existing insurance policy as it appeared key in the points you raised. Due to its importance in the case I do not think it unfair to ask for a copy.

Please advise when you think it will be forthcoming and if you would like me to await this document prior to issuing a Final Response.

Your comments are noted about wanting a swift response, and I will endeavour to act as quickly as possible.

Yours sincerely

David Stanton

Compliance Manager

Morning Stewie

I presume that you have not sent the document itself, just the Policy number to enable Mr Stanton to obtain all the information he requires and deal with your complaints and specific issues you raise. there seems no reason to me to prevent him form being able to locate the policy document itself from you providing him with the number and I suspcet that you may have him at a disadvantage here ;-)

Personally, I would send him a very brief -

Letter Before Action

Dear Mr Stanton

Thank you for your letter of date.

I repeat that I have provided you with the Policy Number which I believe is sufficient information to enable you to locate all the necessary documentation relating to my account. I have not provided the whole document for reasons of privacy as is my right.

I also reserve the right within the Data Protection Act 1998 to expect your organisation to provide me with copies of all information held in my name on all accounts that I hold or have held with your organisation. This would include the policy document that you refer to.

I have outlined the reasons for my claim for mis-selling in my letter of date and expect you, as part of a large organisation and with more than ample resources and information at your disposal, to be able to refer to the FSA guidelines and the Banking Code which govern the selling of financial products including PPI to customers, and either provide me with evidence to refute my claim for mis-selling or return the money that I am requesting within 14 days of this letter. If I do not receive a positive response to this letter within that time, then I will escalate my complaint to the courts.

I look forward to your early and positive response.

Yours sincerely

Stewie

Edited by Paintball

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh you are good!!! I am so going to use that!!! Someone must have done something to your corn flakes this morning because you are on FIRE!

The policy I hold is with Legal and General who are not part of them, granted they are owned by RBS who I have the finance through but its totally seperate and I would assume data protection will block him from making any direct enquiries to my policy status and when I took up the policy, and rightly so. The information gathered in that policy covers not only me but my battle axe to and she has no part in this claim.

So do I submit and send him an edited version of the policy that covers me or do I just go for the main reason im claiming and take him to task. It seems like he is avoiding the main mis-selling aspect, simply - the staff were hungrey after a quick simple sell and commision. Now I find myself on the backfoot, no where in my original complaint did I submit that I would supply documents to support his claim, it was purely out of good faith I sent him what I did.

So do I cave and send him what I have? Or stuff this and its time for a decision based on the case as a whole and not just the insurance.

Stewwwiiieeee

• Haha 1

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Ohhh you are good!!! I am so going to use that!!! Someone must have done something to your corn flakes this morning because you are on FIRE!

Hot damn... :p

The policy I hold is with Legal and General who are not part of them, granted they are owned by RBS who I have the finance through but its totally seperate and I would assume data protection will block him from making any direct enquiries to my policy status and when I took up the policy, and rightly so. The information gathered in that policy covers not only me but my battle axe to and she has no part in this claim.

Righto, so he cannot obtain the policy doc ...

So do I submit and send him an edited version of the policy that covers me or do I just go for the main reason im claiming and take him to task. It seems like he is avoiding the main mis-selling aspect, simply - the staff were hungrey after a quick simple sell and commision. Now I find myself on the backfoot, no where in my original complaint did I submit that I would supply documents to support his claim, it was purely out of good faith I sent him what I did.

As you are a reasonable chap and wish to expedite matters, yes, send an 'edited for privacy' copy of the Policy Document

So do I cave and send him what I have? Or stuff this and its time for a decision based on the case as a whole and not just the insurance.

Stewie, you are NOT caving in, you are being cautious yet reasonable ...

Stewwwiiieeee

So now, just alter the first paragraph of the letter to state:

Please find enclosed a copy of the Policy Document as you request, which I have edited for privacy, which is my right within the Data Protection Act 1998.

... and the rest of the letter.

Poor old Mrs Stewie ... 'battle axe'? :eek: She'll knock yer block off when she sees this :lol::lol::lol:

Hello stewie,

subbing and good luck. First point is>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Should Paintball be renamed? Yes got it in one FIREball:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

have just registered with this site but had read a few forumns prior. i have several claims that I am hoping to make. The site seems extremely helpful.

Please can someone advise me.

In March 2006 I took out a loan of £22500 with Blemain Finance.I paid an extra £3742 for Payment Protection Loan. £2250 went to the broker and £619 the lenders arrangement.

In February 2007 Blemain Finance which had the second charfge on the property, paid Kensington Mortgages (1st charge) £130,000 to cover their costs and then reposessed the property.

Now they are saying that there is a shortfall of £32,000 and are taking me to court (this thursday) to enable them to put thethe charge on my residential poperty.

I am thinking of writing them for refund of PPL charges. Is there anything else I can do? Please can someone advise

Hello Bimfol

Welcome to the PPI Forum. :)

Please start your own thread as posting your own problem on another person's thread is classed as 'hijacking'. ;)

Starting your own thread means that people will be able to give their full attention to your issue, offer you all the help they can and allow other users to follow your progress.

It is very important at this stage for you to read these: Forum Rules - Please read before posting

Helllllooooo all!!! Took me a bit of time to get the policy stuff all together, seems like im pretty covered as far as insurance is concerned. I have three policys incase I die.....Hmmm wonder what other half is plotting!

I have sent this reply to Car Giant.

Dear Mr Stanton

Thank you for your e-mail of 28-10-2008.

Please find attached copies of the Policy Documents as your request, which I have edited for privacy, which is my right within the Data Protection Act 1998. Some of the items disclose medical conditions that have no bearing on this case at all. I have not included all the pages as each policy comprises of in excess of 14 pages. I have scanned the pages that I would assume you are looking for. As you will notice I have more than enough insurance.

I have outlined the reasons for my claim for mis-selling in my letter of 25th September 2008and expect you, as part of a large organisation and with more than ample resources and information at your disposal, to be able to refer to the FSA guidelines and the Banking Code which govern the selling of financial products including PPI to customers, and either provide me with evidence to refute my claim for mis-selling or return the money that I am requesting. I however get the distinct impression I am being stalled, and any reason not to refund my claim is being examined in fine detail, although I have complied with all your requests and supplied more than ample information to justify my claim. I see no evidence of scrutiny on part of Car Giant’s sales practise. I have no doubt my claim would be resolved by now if I had contacted the FOS or FSA directly.

We both agreed to a swift resolve to my claim, but this seems to be another link in a very long chain. You are now my third point of contact since my claim was initiated on the 23 August 2008. For this reason I would like Car Giants final response within 7 days of receipt of this e-mail.

I look forward to your early and positive response.

Yours sincerely

So now we shall wait!!

:grin::grin::grin: Stewieeeeeee :grin::grin::grin:

Edited by 082stewie

have just registered with this site but had read a few forumns prior. i have several claims that I am hoping to make. The site seems extremely helpful.

Please can someone advise me.

In March 2006 I took out a loan of £22500 with Blemain Finance.I paid an extra £3742 for Payment Protection Loan. £2250 went to the broker and £619 the lenders arrangement.

In February 2007 Blemain Finance which had the second charfge on the property, paid Kensington Mortgages (1st charge) £130,000 to cover their costs and then reposessed the property.

Now they are saying that there is a shortfall of £32,000 and are taking me to court (this thursday) to enable them to put thethe charge on my residential poperty.

I am thinking of writing them for refund of PPL charges. Is there anything else I can do? Please can someone advise

Damm they like to hand out cash by the looks of the site. Maybe I should give them a call!! -:grin::grin: NOT!!

Thanks Painted one...I dont mind sharing . Want some of my Day/Night nurse (cough cough) Yessss the Stewie has come down with the cold.

Good evening Wise Painted one!!!! (cough cough sniff sniff)

I will believe it when the funds are showing as cleared in bank account, I somehow feel there will be more to this than a payout. I maybe in for a longer ride, but one thing is for certain, I have no hesitation going before a judge to make the final verdict. I just hate the waiting game.

Was my e-mail today ok in your opinion? After reading it back after I sent it, I thought maybe it could have been a little harsh ( I always check things after the deed, silly me!)

If the payout comes before christmas the funds will be spent on my gorgeous little princess who adores Minnie Mouse, so a trip to Euro disney would be on the cards. And ofcourse a contribution to my favourite distraction - CAG, sites like this one need to be kept alive.

Cough cough time for more medication and Antiques Road show :grin:

Just as I was thinking about this!!!!

-----------------------------------

Dear Mr Oh Great One

Thank you for sending the attachments, duly received, printed, and ready for review.

I will come back to you as soon as possible

Sincerely

David Stanton

YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!!!!

I just had a phone call from my friend at Car Giant.

They want to settle my claim! Original offer was £500 and I said Errrrmmm NO try again. Then it went up in 50's to the figure I had in mind. I would have been happy for a grand. They offered £950, I said OK if I have the cheque by Monday morning. They said DEAL, the cheque is being drawn up and delivered today.

I dont know its a bit bitter sweet. I wanted to go the whole way, i feel a bit of a anti-climax moment.

Any thoughts

Stewie

Hello Stewie,

YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!!!!

I just had a phone call from my friend at Car Giant.

They want to settle my claim! Original offer was £500 and I said Errrrmmm NO try again. Then it went up in 50's to the figure I had in mind. I would have been happy for a grand. They offered £950, I said OK if I have the cheque by Monday morning. They said DEAL, the cheque is being drawn up and delivered today.

I dont know its a bit bitter sweet. I wanted to go the whole way, i feel a bit of a anti-climax moment.

Any thoughts

Stewie

NICE ONE;)

Well done

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks AA but Errrmmmm I feel a bit empty. Especially since it came to an end so quickly, I put some time and effort into this. I gave 7 days and it wasnt even 24hrs. I am happy the settlement although its over £300 short, I could sense he was coming to the end of the negotiation, it felt like a bidding war at an auction.

I started off by saying if you offer me anywhere close to £100 im going to hang up and consider it as an insult. He said Noooo he wouldnt waste mine or his time for that. He then went right to the point, £500...I said hmmmm is that your final offer. He hesitated and said they had investigated every thing and Car Giant have not mis-sold the insurance and everything is well documented along with need analysis etc etc etc etc etc.

My reply was, David I am not going to make any idle threats, I believe I have a firm case and I am willing to persue any legal action to get a positive result for myself. Is £500 your offer, he said no they would give me 50% of my claim (£650), again I said no and I wont accept anything under 80% of my original claim. He then mentioned something about the interest etc and what the FOS may offer but it might not be the full amount. I asked again what he was prepared to offer. He said they will be happy to put this behind them for £900, I said I have a mental note of £1000 and he should meet he half way, He agreed.

I said you have a deal if I have the cheque by Monday, registered and signed for. He agreed and wished me well for the future. Whole call was about 15 minutes but I was stern and knew my facts....So now I sit wondering if only I pushed that little harder....Oh well its done.

I got his confirmation e-mail shortly after...Here it is..

Dear Mr Stanton,

Thank you for your recent phone call. I appreciate the speed of your decision and believe the offer to be fair, although not what I originally asked for I am happy to put this behind and move on.

Your dealings in this matter have been appreciated.

Please can you send the cheque to my work address as signed for.

My details are

Land of Nod

Please can you confirm this is acceptable and when the cheque will be dispatched.

Best Regards

Stewie

--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr "You should have fought harder"

Will do. Cheque request with Accounts, about to advise them of your address. They will send it today, Recorded Delivery.

Kind regards for the future, sincerely

David Stanton

Stewie

I am in SHOCK :eek: ... or maybe not :rolleyes:

Let us take a moment to reflect upon the status of the good Mr Stanton; he lectures the FSA on matters of PPI I believe you said? Hmmm, he must realise that Car Giant had no legs to stand on lol ...

Well done you. :)

PS What is this need to hijack your thread all of a sudden? :lol::lol:

Guilty:(

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hiya AA,

The more the better!!! Why are you guilty and what have you done!!!

Thanks for the support and wishes!!! It is appreciated

:-D:-D:-D Stewie :-D:-D:-D

Hello stewie,

Quote:

Guilty:cry:

aa

The more the better!!! Why are you guilty and what have you done!!!

I should have put not guilty reference hijacking the thread, it was I believe for another;)

aa

• Haha 1

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Can someone move this to the won section. I have received the cheque this morning and it has been banked.

I would class that as a success!

Stewie

Well done mate! :D

You can send a PM to one of the Site Team and ask them to change your thread title to show **WON** ... perhaps steven4064 or ukaviator who are both very efficient.

... and also add your own post to the Successes thread with a link to this thread so that people can read all about it.