Serious problem with abbey

harathoi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In a nutshell i have a student account with a £1500 overdraft with themselves, and due to the financial constraints of student life that has sat somewhere near the limit for the past year or so.

Specifically end of july, i received a letter from abbey saying my overdraft was about to expire.

It seems that

A they have changed my account to a "graduate" account,

B have expired the overdraft, due to expire on the 1st of sept 08.

Immediately following this at the first available oppertunity, I went into my branch and requested to speak to someone, explained that i am NOT a graduate, and am in fact not graduating until next year.

Upon looking at the account details, on their system it displayed me as being on the first year of a 3 year course. (in fact the third year of a 4 year course is correct).

They have been "trying" to sort this for over a month (since the end of july). The overdraft expires in 4 days and i will incur any charges related to owing them £1500. Something i cant afford on my part time wage.

Speaking to someone on the phone now it seems that they simply are refusing to "extend" the overdraft, from her initial comments. They have not phoned me as requested, and indeed promised on a number of occasions yesturday being the most recent.

Any help or advice would be great.

FYI. Thusfar my credit rating is satisfactory, according to experian, and with the exception of a few occasions, i rarely go over my overdraft, and have never been in areers with my loans or credit card.

I like this site because of the following:

Halifax: Settled in full (£898.00 out of court)

Abbey: Various charges refunded totalling approx £600.00

Homebase: Consumer issue sorted - found all info here before even asking.

Travian games: in progress (started 22-09-07)

Have you tried speaking to someone in your branch face to face? It's much harder to refuse in those circumstances.

Other than that, I can't think of anything you could do except open an account elsewhere and vote with your feet.

Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.