Unwanted DCA Calls. Nothing to do with Me honest!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Strange query, we recently got a new number from Virgin Media or so we thought. It turns out it is an old number and the previous owner has lots of debts. Although I do have debts, these ones are nothing to do with me I am glad to say. I only have two and both are nearly paid and up to date.

The end result is me answering calls to Debt Collection Agencies. These agencies refuse to beleive that this person does not exist as we have recently taken on the number and they keep on contacting us.

Other than me changing the number, what action should I take? Report the companies to the Police for harrassment? The OFT?

Should I just change the number and let them get away with it? My only worry is some other poor soul will end up with the calls.

Thanks

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Personally, I would just change the number.

You can go down the road of harassment letters etc., but it could be long-winded. The DCA's seem to have trouble understanding plain English.

I have just finished writing a letter to a DCA and I have included a copy of the same letter, written to them in June.

Number change is the least hassle! :cool:

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Personally I enjoy the ride so I am going to take the road of harrassment. Plus I will have to ring a lot of companies just to get my number changed. I only recently moved house too.

Boy is our new house fun, not only a few weeks ago we had baliffs round for the previous tenants. lol.

I will have a scout round on the site for some information then and keep everyone posted.

Completed:

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

O.K.

Have fun! :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

This will be going out in the post tomorrow: -

Harassment by telephone

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

Account Number: NOT APPLICABLE

I am writing in relation to the telephone calls that I have received from Reliable Collections, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop. I have now explained on numerous occasions that I have recently taken on the telephone number Reliable Collections hold. This number no longer belongs to the person Reliable Collections are chasing for an outstanding debt.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that Reliable Collections could be liable to a substantial fine.

Please treat this as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of Reliable Collections company complaints procedure.

Yours faithfully,

Poochball

Completed:

I had this problem when I moved about 7 years ago. All was quiet until I'd been here for 3 months. Then one day the postman delivered 3 months worth of mail for the previous owners.

I asked my neighbours if they knew of their new address so I could forward the mail onto them. The postman told me that they had only had the mail held for 3 months and not redirected. The neighbours gave conflicting stories. One said they had gone to live on their parents farm down south. And the other told me they had moved to Spain.

Sorting through their mail for any clues, I discovered lots of letters from Creditors and DCA's. Totalling around £40k of debt.

I ended up writing to all of them explaining they had moved and I had no financial connection to them whatsoever. The solicitor who had sorted out the house purchase advised me to send them photocopies of the house deeds, which he sorted out getting for me.

After a few months it went quiet, but even 7 years later I get the occasional letter addressed to the previous owners from DCA's. So I just write back saying they moved over 7 years ago, and said it' probably statute barred by now anyway. It usually does the trick, apart from Intrum Justicia Who seem very insistant. So I'm letting them carry on for bit and let them break a few guidelines. Then do them for harrasment.

They're not hard to deal with when it's someone else's debt. I'm sure you'll have a bit of fun with them like I do.

If you need any advice, feel free to let me know. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related