Moral Question - What would you do?

FunkyFox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Interesting one this. In amoungst all our debt problems and battles etc this situation has occured.

We bought a PC on buy now worry later 0% credit last year. We needed it for business and the old one had expired! It was just before we really ran into big problems. The agreement and everything is all in order. To ensure no interest was payable it had to be settled by June this year. The agreement specifically says 'we will write to you before your first payment is due'.

Well I had completely forgotten about it then just yesterday I remembered. As we didn't settle the monthly payments are now 2 months late and we havn't had anything at all reminding us to settle before the interest free period was up or chasing payment since. They seem to have forgotten!!! :confused:

What are the chances that they have just forgotten about us? Maybe an error in the processing? DO we own up or keep quiet? We could well do without another bill to worry about now.

What would you do?

On an internet forum, I take the view that I say nothing and do nothinng until they come after me. However, I live in the real world where I would send two payments and ask why they did not write out to me.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Guest forgottenone

'Too good to be true ...'

They seem to have forgotten!!!

Ah, but they will 'remember' later when it flags on their system.

'Too good to be true ...'

Ah, but they will 'remember' later when it flags on their system.

Well that's kinda the problem......wouldn't it have done so by now? .... They aren't normally slow in 'collecting' whats due!

Guest forgottenone

Er, yes ... but it will be stored/filed somewhere ... so when it catches up ... may be a computer problem. But the paperwork still exists. Someone will stumble across it ... then come back at you.

I would pay the two payments as unfortunately these things always seem to catch up with you at the worst time.

An example for me was a debt to Orange where I did not hear anything for four years. Then, out of the blue I received a letter demanding full payment or I would be defaulted. This happened just before I was moving house.

I had plenty of opportunities to pay the debt but kept thinking, "they aren't interested in collecting the money". Then they did take an interest. Doh!

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170