charging order and i haven't done anything wrong!not even had redetermination hearing!pls help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, i firstly hope i have posted this in the correct place, this is my first post so sorry if i haven't! i am hoping someone can help me out with a little problem i have:

i have just opened the mail (yes it comes at lunchtime here!) and had 2 separte letters from the court.

1) saying theyhave cancelled our redetermination hearing for next week.

2) Stating they are placing a charging order on our home court hearing the 16th sept 2008.

bit of background info for those who dont know! i have several debts 4 infact with egg, 2xloans and 2xcards, one set in my name and one set in hubbys. Also have a handful of much smaller debts with other companies which we are rapidly clearing! one cc debt with egg ( not the biggest debt we have with them-i might add!)was passed to their solicitors drydens and they have been awful ever since ignored us completly and demanded a payment of £1000 pcm ( i think) or they would go for a ccj! obviously we couldnt afford that so ccj was issued. they once again ignored our soa and other debts and went for £4?? a month which we than asked for a redermination as we couldn't pay that amount. Redermination was booked for next week.

in the mean time asked for a cca which both egg and drydens have provided( so no luck there!)

i have spoke to cccs and they said there is nothing i can do but defend it if i wish (on the grounds its my hubbys debt and house is in both names so not fair on me!).

i thought they couldnt do this i thought i had to default on the ccj to get a charging order?

This is worrying - some one will probably advise - so try not to panic.

Drydens is the same company I am dealing with and they gave me three working days (read my posts) so I am not sure what to do either - hoping for some help.

Obviously the case "Mercantile Credit v Ellis" has a bearing when an instalment order has been made and kept to, but does that have any relevance here?

Anyone?

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...