style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bailiffs have been on my case about an unpaid PCN, which I said I would pay today(payday). They want £590. I have just paid the PCN on the local authority's automated 'phone line, £180.00 transaction gone through, receipt number issued.

Am I right in thinking that this should finish the matter and the bailiffs have no further interest in this?

I could do to know pretty sharpish!

To be charging this amount that bailiff will be saying that he has already visited your home etc. There is no doubt that he will instead be trying to visit again and very likely clamp your car. You need to be very careful.

You MUST write for an immediate breakdown of the fees an charges.

They wrote to me and I contacted their office last Thursday to say I would pay today. However, while I was away last Friday or Saturday, they clamped my motorbike. I complained about this - clamping while an arrangement had been made, no notice or paperwork relating to the clamping left - and they released it on Monday morning. In my view the clamping was unlawful.

I have just taken legal advice from the solicitors aattached to my Trade Union. They tell me that I am still liable for the bailiff's costs - so I will ask them for a breakdown of these and pay up.