• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You have 5+14 days from the date on the claim to file your ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of SERVICE with the court, you then have a further 14 days in which to file your defence.

So send a CPR request to the other side asap by recorded and do not sign it just print, then file your AOS

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok ive been on MCOL and done my AoS and sent a CPR 18 to Optima Legal but from reading other theads if im right i should of got a POC ,LBA and default notice first which i did not get all i have recieved is the usual demands for payment then the N1.

What is my next step do i just wait 14 days for a reply to my CPR 18 ??

Regards

Leon

Hi, youve already got your POC (Particulars of Claim) its on the front of the court summons.

If you have not received an LBA or Default Notice this will go in your defence

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

You have 33 days from 11th July to file your defence, as you have filed the AOS defending the whole claim, so can you post up the POC removing any personal details, and give a little background i.e. loan./ credit card/ how old is the agreement etc?

We may then be able to help further

Oh just realised you have 2 threads running in the same forum about the same thing apparently?

Edited by creditcardmug

Sorry, but forget about the Pt 18 request and the CPR letter, at this time they serve no purpose.

Start preparing your defence and Pt 20 claim (counterclaim for charges/PPI). Your problem will be that you do not appear to have a defence to the entire claim and so they may proceed to apply for summary judgment in relation to that part which you are unable to reasonably dispute.

You will need to muddy the waters with the defence to avoid the above and get to the disclosure stage, whereupon they will have to show their hand (all the docs upon which they intend to rely). You will then find out if they have the agreement as they will have to disclose the same and you can then ask for a copy. Any competent solicitor will ignore the CPR and Pt 18 letters - they are what is known as 'noise' and are premature and indeed technically defective. I appreciate they have been prepared with best intentions, but just put the claimant on notice as to what your about. Far better to ambush after disclosure and sicken them, with a well informed and reasoned argument as to why they should 'drop dead', having wasted their time and clients money.

Lets see the POC and we will prepare your defence and Pt.20 claim.

Hi, up to now we have sent a CPR request to the claimant and filed the AOS, then waited for claimant to reply, before filing a defence.

Are you saying we should now wait until the AQ stage , and ask the court toorder disclosure of the documents?. If so would the court not think we were not following the correct procedures re CPR?

poc is here although im totally confused now have i taken the wrong route i thought after reading various treads iwas doing right i hope someone can really help me here as aloysiush has thrown a spanner in the works now ph and im disputing the whole claim because not only have they been taking PPI for which it would not pay out due to a stroke i had but also the rampant interest charges that keep going up

courtpaper.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Regards

Pompeyfaith

See above, i have asked aloy for an explanation

The POC is vague and insufficiently particularised, no LBA no agreement, the list goes on plenty for your defence, lets see what comes from your CPR request

From the date on the claim form, you have 5+14days to file your acknowledgement of service, then a further 14 days to file your defence, i trust this makes everything clear.

If the claimant doesn't wish to proceed, they normally issue a discontinuance order, but if they do nothing the court may order a stay or strike out, if a stay is ordered you may have to apply to the court for a strike out

Should i now be preparing my final defence and if so is there anyone that could help me with that.

Thank You

Regards

Leon

No, if they decide to continue, the next stage is that the matter will be transferred to your local court, and you will get a form called an Allocation Questionaire to fill in

Well you said you have already filed your defence, you should have made it known in that, as said the next stage is the AQ where you will be asking the court to order them to comply, dont worry, if you ever get to the court you can tell the judge that they didnt comply

I dont know what your worried about here, the fact that they have not complied with your CPR request is in your favour, it probably means they have nothing!