Statutory Demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a Statutory Demand yesterday for an old debt (not quite statute time barred)

I have read all the helpful comments on other forums about Statutory Demand and will be applying to the court to have it set aside as have good grounds to do so.

I just have a couple of questions I would like to ask people who have already lodged the forms 6.4 and 6.5 with their local court.

1. I have downloaded the forms 6.4 and 6.5 from the internet. Can I complete these in writing and submit these to my local court (which wasn't even named on the Statutory Demand!) or do I have to go to my local court to obtain original forms?

2. When I swear the affidavit form 6.5. Does it have to be in front of a solicitor, or can I just do it in front of one of the county court officials when I lodge the set aside forms.

3. I presume I have to attach a copy of the statutory demand to these forms, but presume leave copies of all other paperwork until the hearing (should it get that far)?

Thanks in advance.