SARs and Account Numbers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I will be searching the forum, but thought I would also asked has anyone gotten information about a closed account from Clydesdale Bank without having an account number?

Hi, Cokezero.

Sorry, can't answer your question, but........

If you send them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

With as much deatil as you can about both you and the a/c. full name DOB, old addresses, utilities from new address, copy of passport, dates a/c held branch etc.

They should come up with your details.

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I have heard of some banks claiming they are unable to help without the account numbers. :rolleyes:

Its amazing how quick they then find those accounts when the ICO gets involved.

It is my belief that the CB are the least helpfull in respect of this so if they claim they cant help you keep the faith and contact the ICO.

I have heard of some banks claiming they are unable to help without the account numbers. :rolleyes:

Its amazing how quick they then find those accounts when the Information Commissioners Office gets involved.

It is my belief that the CB are the least helpfull in respect of this so if they claim they cant help you keep the faith and contact the Information Commissioners Office.

I have contacted them(Information Commissioner), they were most uhelpful. They just replied stating give them more information. Gave name, dob, address account was held at, dates and branch it was held at. Every reply Clydesdale give is a request for the account number. they kept sending the tenner PO back(which sugests they will make no attempt to retrieve the info without an account number). This issue also involves a house repossession - would there be a court record of this somewhere. I am about to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) the solicitors involved - when they were asked for info they say they dont have any info. the more i look at this it looks my mate was stiched up. It is my intention to submit the court action on friday the 18-07-2008. I have already sent a LBA weeks ago. So I was hoping to include as much as possible against this shower - in particualar evidence that they can find stuff without an account number - but i will start the action without because it seems that the Data Protection act does not require any individual to provide an account number. Therefore this suggests that the info should be stored in a manner that means it can be retrieved with names and DOB, etc.

Happy for any comments, and thanks to those who have already commented - it is appreciated.

Cokezero

Not sure if this may help. I know Wobbles took YB to court for non-compliance with a SAR, but not sure of details. Wobbles house was also repossessed though so I think it would be a useful thread to read. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-clydesdale-bank-successes/78585-wobs-yorkshire-bank.html?highlight=jmio+sar#post507399

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...