Lloyds Loan, Credit Card & My DMP

Kalahna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've recently set up at DMP with CCCS...and sent all the appropriate documents out etc, confirming I am actually on a DMP. And Lloyds are still taking payments for my loan, and the Credit Card interest is being piled on at a hell of a rate.

Is there any way I can demand back the money they are taking, as I've proof that they recieved the letter I sent them telling them I'm on a DMP, and they are making me broke. I'm in enough financial difficulty as it is, but changing my bank account isnt as easy as it first seemed, as the prison service (my employer) pick and choose when they start paying my wages into my new account.

Help please?

Thanks,

Hanna

Just bumping you up in the hope someone that is savvy in this will offer advice assistance.

It seems that LTSB are harsh in most cases, but there are some very wise people here who may well be able to help.

xx

Will get someone for you.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

The difficulty here is that a DMP is not a formal arrangement and the bank can continue to take payments from available funds under the right of offset. You will not be able to claim these back, although you can claim back charges to reduce the overall debt.

Have you opened a new account?

If you explain to your payroll dept your situation, if they cannot make a payment into your new account by the next payday they can give you a cheque to pay into your new account.

I am a little concerned that CCCS have allowed you to start this DMP without explaining and making sure all this is in place. Can you confirm that you are not paying for this service from CCCS.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

So sorry I took so long to reply, I have been away with the fairies methinks!

I'm not paying CCCS any fee to sort my debts for me, they are a charity, so do it for free.

I recently had an argument with Lloyds TSB, who seem to be the only people who have a problem with my debt plan...and they refunded money they took from me for my Loan (£44.96 - refunded on 19/07/08).

Yet today they phoned me demanding payments again, and when I said I couldn't afford it, which is why I was on a debt plan, the woman on the phone had the cheek to tell me to get a better paid job!

I set up another account with Alliance & Leicester, but without my sayso, they decided to transfer all my direct debits from my Lloyds account, making me suffer even more penalties, and having to pay my bills in triple amounts. I never asked them to do this, and now I've recieved a letter telling me that I owe them £599 when I've never put in, or taken out, any money on my Alliance & Leicester account. I've never even used it, and proof that the DD's hadnt been paid, was that I had to pay them all on my debit card in one month, leaving me extremely short on cash.

It just seems to be never ending, and I'm not quite sure what to do next? Seems I'm back to square one with having to find a new bank to open an account with, and the constant harassment from Lloyds TSB is driving me mad!

Think this could do with a bump and some good advice!

I'd be keen to see how you can deal with A&L so you can stop the charges building, especially as you haven't made any deposits or withdrawals...how can they do that :confused:?

Hang in there and someone should be along soon hopefully

xx