DCAs Demanding Payment Should i Pay Them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I now have 2 DCAs demanding payment, with NO correspondence from OC regarding this, should i pay them anything, or continue paying the OC, or pay

nothing??

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I personally have just started sending prove it letters first of all, posting tomorrow, then if I get replies, they will get the cca letter thrown at them..definitely do not speak to them on the telephone either. I do have a script ready just in case the odd one gets through..i just refuse to go through the security checks and inform the eedjeets that the call is being recorded..then get the whole speel from them..its quite fun when you know how to play the game!!

I just find it incomprehensible that you get a call or letter from them out of the blue, with no indication whatsoever from OC that this is going to happen.

This has happened twice now.

Surely these people don't think i'm going to pay them anything without at least a letter of assignment to them form the OC.

I'm assuming this must be a regular occurence??

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Ah, you assume a logical and common sense approach and above all, a legal approach to these matters, c'mon, they are dca's..lol...made to make our life as unbearable as possible in the glimmer of hope they get a commission in forcing you to pay a debt off which, 1,may not even be enforceable, and 2. illegal for them to pursue a debt which is under dispute. I have read these forums and now have gained knowledge and legal terminology to drive them up the wall, printer has been flat out! Drafted a copy of the initial letter today with an amalgametion of the doorstep calls as well. Now fighting dca's on behalf of o/h..if that makes sense..lol

No don't pay them a thing. Would you pay me if I sent you al letter asking for money?

At the moment carry on paying the OC. But they should not have passed on the debt to one DCA let alone two, if that is what they have done.

Send the first DCA a Consumer Credit Act request along with a £1 postal order.Do not sign the letter ,which should be titled in large capitals " I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY". Send the letter by

recorded delivery.

Send a letter of complaint to the second DCA if they are chasing the same debt as they are not acting in acordance with the OFT Debt Collection guidelines [only one DCA at a time]. Also point out that you have sent the other DCA a CCA request and until that is complied with suggest that any further attempt by DCA number 2 to pursue the debt will result in you complaining that they are unfit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence for a start.

You should know by now where to find the CCA request template letter, but as the forum is a lot bigger than when I joined Michael Browne has done a great job of listing all the different sections that there are.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Once there, you will see the url below which will take you to the template

letters. If you haven't already done so, take a look at them all in case one other at least may be of help to you, but the CCA request is template N.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Hi guys just to be clear They are 2 separate issues.

1 Fredericksons chasing for Cap1

2 1st Credit chasing for Citi

Both with no authority!

I have a CCA reply from Cap1(not enforcable IMO)

I have'nt CCAd citi yet although their DN is invalid

Thanks all for replies

Regards