Moving House and Virgin Media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

This is on behalf on my sister, who is moving house next week. When she contacted VM to advise them of this, they told her they can't offer all the services she currectly has because the area in which she is moving to is a non-cabled area.

They told her that she can't have the television and phone from them, she'll only have Freeview and the phone has to be through BT, but they service it (like Sky etc)

So she thought, well the no point having services from two companies, she rather just go to BT and get it all through them. However, because in December she re-negotiated her contract, they now want £198.60 to settle the contract early.

Or she can get BT to install a line, let VM service and only have freeview for the same monthly cost, but they'll refund the £198.60 after 30days - but if she does this, a new contract will begin now, and not carryon from December.

Surely, they cannot do this. They are unable to provide the services that was agreed to in December, how can they hold her to a contract, and insist she stick with them or will be charged nearly £200.00

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00

I would suggest she speaks to a customer services manager straight away. I don't see how it would hold up in court if they can't provide the same service as they did at the previous address. It's not your sister's fault afterall. Although, I get all my services through Sky and when I moved in January they said that my contract would start again so I'm with them for another year whether I like it or not.

I'm sure if your sister were to complain nicely but firmly, VM would have the power to waive the fee and cancel the contract. Failing that, the watchdog people for those kind of services should be able to help.